Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Finally it's here !

Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Finally it's here !

Congrats on the purchase of a Ruger revolver and most importantly, the caliber. Nice revolver round.

Curious to see how it shoots with such a short barrel. Keep us posted.[/align]

Old 07-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally it's here !

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I told you that you would end up with with an Alaskan one way or the other. Glad to see it finally came in. I bet the recoil isn't going to be as bad as everyone is thinking it will be. Even with full house loads.

What are they retailing for if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah bigbulls you were right. I was losing my patients though..I hate being told a date and then it doesn't happen. Ruger is good about diappointing customers.They got me this time. Honestly after your comment I decided to let it ride for awhile.I had all intentions to say hell with it.Retail prices.That's a good question.This one was 649.95. I made atrade with him. I traded a Smith and 50.00 bucks. I've seen them on gunsamerica for right at 600.00 darn near up to 800.00.Ruger MSRP is 819.00. You'll find scalpers everywhere you go.Mine s/n rangeis 530-010X6 ..I'm with you. I don't think it's going to be that bad to shoot.It still weighs 43oz I think it is..When you grab a hold of it you know you have a handful.. It all depends how much that longer barrel tames the recoil. These Alaskan's sure don't have much barrel. It should be fun shooting. Not something you would want to shoot all day..

Ruger Redhawk