Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What are your best groups???

Old 07-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default What are your best groups???

This is a picture of the best group I have ever shot and a few other good groups. All groups are at 100 yards with sand bags for a rest. The top right group is the best group I have ever shot. It is a 3 shot group, the second and third shot are in the same bottom hole. My brother shot the group under it with the same rifle. This rifle is my Ruger M77 Mk II standard .223 Rem., the only work done to it is a Timney Trigger and it has a cheap Tasco Mag IV 4-16x40 on it. My brothers 3 shot group should have been better but the first shot on the right he was not expecting the gun to go off so soon (1.5lbs trigger). Both groups were shot with Factory 45gr high velocity Winchester varmint value ammo. The group on the left is with my Ruger M77 Mk II standard all weather 300 WSM. The only work on the gun is a trigger job (3lbs). This was with my 150gr core-lok hand loads and a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40.

What is your best group(s)???

Old 07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: What are your best groups???

here is some nice 200yard 300RUM groups.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:20 PM
bigcountry

Nice 7mmSTW group

Old 07-18-2005, 07:22 PM
bigcountry

nice 7mm-08 groups

Old 07-19-2005, 03:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

here is some nice 200yard 300RUM groups.

BC, some darn nice shooting there
Old 07-19-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

heres a few targets to start,

Old 07-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

this one was shot with carry gun a PT 145 compact 45 acp 3" barrel with handloads (200 grain cast lead over 4 grain clays) shot at 25 yards.

Old 07-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

my last posts are my best i have pictures of, my best groups ever I dont have pics of and for the life of me I cannot find my targets to make pics of, they got lost somewhere in my 5 moves in the past 4 years lol. I know without pictures its hard to believe, but my very best rifle group was with my sporterised springfield 03-A3 5 shots at 100 yards measured considerably less than a 1/2 inch probably like .30" to .40", just one ragged whole with winchester 30-06 150 grain silvertips(not ballistic silvertips). LOL i have tried and tried and tried over and over again to shoot that good with the same gun and load just cant do it, I think it was fluke I sure do wish I still had that target. Another target I wish I still had was with my m700 mountain rifle which was a 5 shot group at 100 yards with one ragged whole that measured right at half inch the ammo was 150 grain core lokts in 308 win. the my first post on this thread shows a picture of what my mountain rifle consistantly does with core junks. Im currently workin out the kinks in a handload for the mountain rifle next time i go to shoot and the groups are better then whats posted below i will deffinately post it. the load deffinately has potential, this group is a 3 shot group at 100 yards.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of these days I'm going to buy the equipment that will allow me to post pictures. Until then you'll just have to take my word for it.

Twice I have shot groups (3 shots at 100 yards) with my .300 Wby Sako that literally made one hole. Both easilymeasuredclose to1/10" or less.You shoot enough and that's bound to happen eventually. I'vealso shota few groups with this rifle that measured less than 3/10". But I consider these flukes more than anything else. On average this rifle shoots in the 3/4 to 1" range. I'm beginning to think the barrel is getting shot out on this rifle as those sub 1/2" groups seem not to occur like they used to.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
bigcountry

But ya know guys, true I and alot on here has had bumper days at the range, when we came home smiling. Some on here more than others. But if your going to shoot, your going to have days where you ain't smilin, and don't know what is wrong with your gun, loads, or even your nerves.

I have a slug guns that I shot one day and shot 3 groups of three at 100 yards and two of the three was one hole groups, and one was 1 MOA. Well, I ran around proclaiming I had a sub .7MOA slug gun. Ever since then, I have yet to have that day again. All groups are under 2.5MOA. Some times get 1MOA groups, sometimes 2MOA. That shootin.

Quick Reply: What are your best groups???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.