Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington v.s. Winchester

Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Remington v.s. Winchester

I like both but it seems every time Remington thinks it has a jewel, Wichester trumps them. Come on Remington, whats going on?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington v.s. Winchester

How about an example.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah how bout an example??? otherwise i have no idea what you are talkin about..........
Old 07-17-2005, 12:52 PM

The only winchesters I like nowdays are just a plain jane 70 and the 70 stealth in .308

Remington screwed up by making the SPSand XCR rifles.
The XCR is the same thing as the M700 BDL SS RMEF but with a hinged floor plate an the SPS is the same as a M700 ADL synthetic but with a hinged floor plate.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remington screwed up by making the SPSand XCR rifles.
The XCR is the same thing as the M700 BDL SS RMEF but with a hinged floor plate an the SPS is the same as a M700 ADL synthetic but with a hinged floor plate.
Most people including myself prefer a hingedfloorplate and would consider it's addition an improvement.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought a new sps in 22/250 a few weeks ago,had to send it back because you couldn'r get it to chamber a bullet but they polished the chamber and put a new bolt in it and I like it so far.It isn't a tack driver so far but I think I could hit a ground hog with it @maybe 300 yds.
I like it with the new stock,floor plate,no sights and even sort of like the finish a little.
It will never be a bench rest rifle but it will do for a walk around varmit and plinking rifle.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck trying to hit a ground hog @ 300 yrds. Let us know if you make that shot.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FastShootingCarts

Good luck trying to hit a ground hog @ 300 yrds. Let us know if you make that shot.
You make it sound as if shooting groundhogs at 300 yards is not a realistic goal.Most experienced varmint shooters routinely shoot groundhogs at that distance and further even with factory rifles chambered in 22-250.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Fork Horn

That's my favorite round the.22-250. Like I said, ifhe can hita Ground Hog at 300 yards, please post it here. I'm not saying it's impossible by any means. You better be a good shot and I would like to see those with a good shot post it here. That's all.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Have allready shot a few groups less than 2 inches with the rifle @300,haven't found the magic load yet ,but think I will get there,seems like the rifle is capable so far.I am working solely on a 55 gr bullet so far.May have to bed it ,its too new to tell yet.
If your favorite rife is the 22/250 you should be able to hit a ground hog with it at 300 yds too.

Quick Reply: Remington v.s. Winchester

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.