Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Good Wife is very important when buying guns

Old 06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Good Wife is very important when buying guns

Went on a trip to pick up the newest member of my rifle family. This may be the best pointing custom I have ever hefted and not because I designed it that way either. To think I almost overruled my gunsmith taught me a lesson or two. Anyway when I went to pick it up on my semiannual vacation to my favorite state..I had 2 guns along ..my sons handi rifle and a 700 that my buddy has wanted pretty badly from me. I returned with 5 rifles..that would mean 4 new ones to add to the safe. Wife just looked at me and shook her head and laughed. I told her it was a new magicians trick they just multiplied in the back of the car.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good Wife is very important when buying guns

I very often have the darn things follow me home from gun stores. My wife is a Gem. No doubt about it. Many years ago she even gave up shaking her head. She likes guns but one deer rifle is all she needs and all she thinks anyone else really needs. She is a believer in ONE all around rifle. She shoots well enough to get by with it too. 37 Years on the 31st of last month since she became my all time huinting partner.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

wow! y'all are lucky, I gotta check the mrs's schedule and slip them in the safe when she's at work, tote the boxes up to the back corner of the attic where nobody goes. once in a while she ask's when did ya get that, "a long, long time ago"
RR
lol!!! thats some funy $h!T
Old 06-13-2005, 03:24 PM

Hey, OEH... who makes your customs for you? (If you don't mind me asking)
Old 06-13-2005, 05:18 PM

Myne always says she doesnt wanna know how much aslong as i dont bring home more than one a month.... thankfully she doesnt know what ANY of my guns look like so she never knoew that there new Either way.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

OEH, that is quite the good lady you have there!!

My beloved has not only been tolerant of my sporting arms, but back in the corrections days, I would take her out on the range & she would shoot the riot gun, .45 & .22. (We had an officer & his wife murdered at home.) Anyway, she was great with the .22, no problem with the shotgun, and hit well with the .45, heh, heh, only when she kept her eyes open! I didn't try the .357 on her. We then stuck with the shotgun. There are some things you just can't do without a supportive wife.

Bet she would have been a redheaded hell on wheels with a .380. Her dad was a hunter; he got both moose & bear with an auto Remington, 30 06, always 180 grains. He also hunted ducks. That makes a big difference. I have a retired Tabby, Gus. He is about 14 now. A stray tomcat kicked his butt and had him down by the throat for the kill. It was no match, Gus at that age. I ran off the tom and we took Gus to the vet. She wants the stray tom dead. Painless is waiting. Such an understanding Mrs I have. Didn't bat an eye when I brought the Rem 700 home a few days ago. Some perfume coming in her future.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

I am stilla youg en when it comes to marrige and hunting. I am pretty fortunate though, her pop has been hunting deer since before she was born and she loves venison and elk. I dont think I could get her to pull the trigger on anything but a rattler, she cant wait to do that! She dont mind the gun collecting, I try to make it fair though. We divide up all madd monies down the middle, then I save mine up until its gunworthy. She even pitches in some of her cash on my gun funds. What a sweetie! EJ
Old 06-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

34 and still single here. I cant ever remember going out with any that were really even open to trying hunting..lol. Oh well noone to answer to....cept the bank account
Old 06-14-2005, 07:17 AM

While a good wife is good, no wife is great when buying ANYTHING.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:46 AM

i keep telling my wife that guns are like money in the bank. they are an investment because they will always be worth something. what does make her mad is that i keep having to buy more gun cabinets.

Quick Reply: Good Wife is very important when buying guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.