Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats the difference????????????????????

Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Default RE: Whats the difference????????????????????

A powder was mentioned,is it the same kind of powder or different one for each.Lets get these facts to us please .Or they all the same? vangunsmith
Old 05-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Whats the difference????????????????????

I would suggest that you buy the newest reloading manual that you can find. That will answer about all you would ever want to know about all cartridges. Also a new book Cartridges of the world. I should say an updated version of this book.

In the caliber you are talking about, there is not really enough difference to set one much above the other. Lets face it, a game animal would never know the difference. The most common is the 300 Win Mag. You will find ammo for them about anywhere. Its suitable for all North American Game. The 300 WSM is getting pretty widely used and ammo can be had a WalMart and all real gun stores and the shops like Cabelas and online at outfits such as Midway. The Remington Version 300 USM is not finding wide acceptance and In my mind will soon be obsolete. The 300 UM is pretty popular and is a bit less powerful than the 30-378 from Weatherby. The 300 Weatherby Mag is close to the same as the 300 UM.Out to 250 yards, the 30-06 will do the same jobs as the 300 Mags. It depends on what range you want to shoot. If I had to have a Magnum right now, My choice would be the 300 WSM. Its going to stay around and become more and more popular.