Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Aetec arrived today

Old 05-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default New Aetec arrived today

I had ordered a new Aetec,(still the pre 2005) It came in today. Its the 3.8X12 lighted rectical model. I took it outside for a quick look see. Very bright and clear. Five inches of eye relief and fast focus eye piece. One thing I wondered about is if the crosshair would remain fine and clear with the immunater turned on. It really does. I took it into a pretty dark room and man does it ever show up the crosshair.

The proof of course will be in the shooting but If its as good as my other Aetecs I will be mighty happy. This will be the last of the Aetecs with five inches of eye relief according to what I have been reading.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Aetec arrived today

Interesting. I got mine today too. I got the 2.8 to 10 model. The cross hairs are real bright in mine. I wonder how long the batteries will last. It isn't overly bulky for an illuminated scope.

Tom
Old 05-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

James optics is a compromise and that probably explains the reduced eye relief. They must have made the scope better in other areas. I'll have to look at one when I find one and figure it out for myself. .
Old 05-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am quite sure that the new Aetecs will be even better although it would be hard to improve much on the performance of my other Aetecs. I wanted one more with the longer eye relief mainly because my wife and I prefer the scope in a little different position on the gun. She shoots with her head more straight up where I tend to lean into the gun more. The Aetecs allow ample eye relief where they work pretty well for both of us.

The 3.8x12 is a bit bulkier than I had figured it would be but all in all I really like it SO Far. I am going to try one of the new 2005 when they come in. Right now I have a 4x12 Swift Premier ordered too. Thats another scope that has performed without a flaw for me.