Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Benelli R-1

Old 05-10-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Benelli R-1

Does anyone have experience or opinions of the Benelli R-1. A nice looking rifle quality wise, but really ugly. I would like to hear from someone who has one or has experience with this rifle. An intriguing firearm. Being made by Benelli, you'd assume it was a shooter, but you never know.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:51 AM

Default RE: Benelli R-1

They milght have a name from what the shotgun has produced to date,but i don,t think the run of the mill hunter will pay the maoney for them,nor care for there looks. One does apericate a fine looking rifle that others respects and in my opinion they are ugly also.They might shoot good and rich guys huntilng on private land and with guides like them ,so what. vangunsmith
Old 05-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is a beautifully engineered rifle..the best semi-auto out there. In short its a Benelli. If they more "Americanized" the stock and metal I would probably buy one. Other then that "WOW" and it has a removable barrel to boot. Nice and handy when your flying to an out of state destination and you want a inconspicuos(did i spell that right) compact gun case.

They might shoot good and rich guys huntilng on private land and with guides like them ,so what. vangunsmith
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:41 AM

a beautifully engineered rifle..the best semi-auto out there.
OEH,
Is it really better than a BAR? I did see where you can switch barrels very easily and the travel case is made for the rifle to be taken down when not in use. I also understand it's a snap to clean. A really interesting rifle. The wood I've seen on the ones I've handled is pretty nice. Prices around here are slightly more than a BAR. Seems like one of these in 308 would be an awesome rifle for "thick stuff."
Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

OEH,
Is it really better than a BAR? I did see where you can switch barrels very easily and the travel case is made for the rifle to be taken down when not in use. I also understand it's a snap to clean. A really interesting rifle. The wood I've seen on the ones I've handled is pretty nice. Prices around here are slightly more than a BAR. Seems like one of these in 308 would be an awesome rifle for "thick stuff."
My Brother owns a BAR, my best friend owns a BAR and I have owned probably a half dozen of them in all sorts of variations. The answer is YES. I don't care for the recoil pad look , if they did away with that it would sway me to buy one. Have you seen the new lightweight plastic trigger guard Short and Longtrac POS..guess who Browning was trying to take sales away from. If I bought one since I already have a 308 I would go 300 win mag.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO they are butt ugly and neat looking at the same time.

I've worked on a couple and they seem to be well built rifles. I am not much on semi auto rifles but if I were to buy one it would probably be the R1
Old 05-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have a benneli m2 12 guage and I love it! No rifle though. They are kinda pricey, but theyre definatly reliable. EJ
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM

they have one at the gander mountain here in town, i am gonna get me one soon as my WIFE ok s the 800 they asking for it. I will get the 270, and the 308 barrels. nice rifle WEL balance too