Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good Day of Trout Fishing.... pics

Old 05-09-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Good Day of Trout Fishing.... pics

Hey guys,

I got to hit up the trout stream on Sunday and man what a day I had. I caught 23 trout (most between 17"-19") and missed a GIANT brown that was probablly 26" or so. My girlfriend was able to pull out 18 trout and a really nice northern pike. I will be back out Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday, I will have some more pics for you guys then!

Here are some of mine........

And here is my girlfriend Kristin with a couple........

Old 05-09-2005, 11:01 PM

Default RE: Good Day of Trout Fishing.... pics

Congrats on the great day out fishing!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great job!! Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those are some pretty fish BM.

What stream were you fishing? It looks like a really well-kept stream.

I had a really good opener at Laurel Hill - caught about 15 - and caught a 23" 6# rainbow. I think I'm gonna hit up the Youghiogheny River one evening this week. There are some bruisers in there, but they're tough to catch.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:35 PM

quick,

I am fishing Yellow Creek. The section I have been fishing is private and only open to members, luckily my dad's work owns a membership and I am allowed to use the tokens anytime I want! The stream is all catch and release with the exception of each member being allowed to keep one trout of 2 feet long each year. The best part beside not being crowded is that there is no trash or litter along the banks. I hate trying to enjoy a day of trout fishing and tripping over peoples fishing line and seeing soda bottles float down the creek.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey BM,

I noticed that, from the looks of it, you were catching most on top water lures.

Anything happening with hatches down there yet, for the flyrod? Just getting some midges now here in CT, the wet weather has really "drowned out" any good mayfly hatches...

That rainbow your girlfriend caught is monster fat...nice fish...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

nice fish.........that is some cool looking water to fish.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

Those are some nice looking fish. Congrats
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice fish BM , where is yellow creek ? Around IUP i hope , ill be headed there in august to start school , we should get together and hunt up there or somethin , i wont know any areas , or where the public land is around there . But just let me know , and looks like you still do well on the YO ZURI .... i picked a few of those up for this season remembering u recommended them , and i slammed the brook and browns on them at a local pond , althought they only dive about 16 inches under the surface , the wobble they give is irresistable!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM

DoubleLung,

When you are up here, I'll pm you with my phone number and we will definetly get together and do some hunting/fishing. Yellow Creek is just 10 minutes from IUP. There are several good streams within 25 minutes of campus and alot of great hunting surrounding it!

The Yo-Zuri has been working well this season, but I have been using small Rapalas and Rebel Holographic minnows with good success also. This fall I'll have to get the tokens to the Yellow Creek Trout Club and we will have to head out there. Its awsome knowing that each cast could result in a two foot long trout!

Strut&Rut,

There was a very good midge hatch comming off when I was fishing! This section of stream has some awsome hatches come off!

Quick Reply: Good Day of Trout Fishing.... pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.