Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Brite colors or Dark colors?

Old 08-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Brite colors or Dark colors?

ok my pond has clear water sorta its spring fed and you can see the botom out to about 10 feet maby a little more so its pretty clear water with a little bit of a brown tint to it and lately ive been debating on whats better for this sort of water brite colored lures or dark colored lures? Ive been useing brite colored stuff like a hocus locus in a very brite colored called fire locus and ive had decent results but I have yet to try a darker color so i dont know what might be better. So id like ya`lls opinions do you think brite colors or dark colors are better for this kind of water? thanks,sean
Old 08-03-2004, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Brite colors or Dark colors?

I would try for clear water a more natural color that mimics the true color of the bait that you are using, and for stained water a brighter color.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried out a black and gold hocus locus tonight and caught 3 nice bass but i had alot of strikes but they wernt biting just popping at it or something but im going to go back out there tomorrow night and do some more experimenting im planning to try a dark colored hula popper so we`ll see
Old 08-03-2004, 09:03 PM

if the water is clear with a brown tint to it try more of a flashy lure like a rooster tail but big enough for bass but if its darker brown go with brighter lures & for night fishing go with black, black & blue, or purple........ or some other dark color lure. GOOD LUCK