Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Question on Graphs/Fish Finders

Old 07-09-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Question on Graphs/Fish Finders

My wife is unhappy with the stock, in dash depth meter in our boat. It is one of the standard depth gauges that comes in the older Bass Trackers...circular with red incremental circle that show the depth. I must admit I am not a big fan of it either. Up till this point we have always used this gauge when running the boat from place to place...though it stops working altogether at about 25 mph regardless of what you do with it sensitivity...and a seperate fish finder when trolling about and actually fishing...SO HERES THE QUESTION...is there a graph that does both well? Is there a graph I can use as a depth finder when running and a fish finder when fishing all in one unit? I am told the biggest problem with the graphs is the update time..when running by the time the graphs shows the depth you are well past what it is showing you. Suggestions?