Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fish Mounts

Old 06-28-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Fish Mounts

So what does everyone have for fish mounts and what size? I don't have any on the wall yet but I just know that 30" walleye, 15" perch and 16" crappie are coming this year!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fish Mounts

I don't have any yet either. I caught a nice 8 1/4# LM Bass I am thinking of getting a replica mount of. Also thinking of getting a replica of the 16" crappie I caught and the 26" 8 1/2# rainbow trout I caught as well.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:01 PM

My dad's 75 lb king salmon is coming home in august!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah rick what really sucks is when you catch all three in one year and you cant afford to mount one of them.
Old 07-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will make a suggestion to you prior to you catching your mounting fish get a replica mount. First reason is the breeder fish is returned to continue their position in the lake and secondly the replica looks better, especially over time. All you need to do is take a picture, measure length and girth.

3 of my 5 are replica mounts - Pike (52"), Walleye (35"), Laker (42") & the real ones - Perch (3lbs) and Rainbow (10 lbs 5 oz).
Old 07-05-2004, 01:07 PM

I personally don`t like "replica" fish mounts,they just dont look real to me.But I got a 32 inch Northern,a 26 inch male brown,a 28 inch female landlocked salmon, on the wall right now.I`m waiting for my 26 inch male landlocked salmon,it should be done by Aug. along with 2 hooded Mergansers[male and female].I spent alot of money in the last year on my taxadermist.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:24 PM

Skeeter

How long was the 3lb perch? A 35" walleye is an absolute monster!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick I never measured the perch as mentioned is one of my real mounts and I caught him 15 years ago before I knew any better! I got him weighed at a 7/11 when we got back in town...that was interesting.

This past weekend my wife and I released 3 pigs, 29 1/4", 30 5/8" and 31 1/2, the same lake I caught the 35". My hunting partner caught and replica mounted a eye that measured just shy of 36" last year from the same lake. Needless to say Sask. lakes do produce some fine trophies and it is quite rare to go a season without catching a 30" walleye, not bragging just great resources and lake knowledge(plus it doesn't hurt to have a number of these top fisheries as Catch and Release waters).

Beagle, it really does depend on the taxi but a good fish guy can make them look as good as a real stuffer and over time they will continue to look good. However the real benefit is allowing that trophy(Breeder) fish to continue her duty in the lake.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have a 20 lbs pike it looks great i caoght it useing a williams wobler.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:53 PM

I personally don`t like "replica" fish mounts,they just dont look real to me.But I got a 32 inch Northern,a 26 inch male brown,a 28 inch female landlocked salmon, on the wall right now.I`m waiting for my 26 inch male landlocked salmon

I know what your saying Skeeter.I agree WITH you..What I want in my collection is a DECENT[not record,gigantic]size species on my wall,for my first[largest],in the last 3 years.Cause you know,the bigger the fish,the more $.I caught 2 pike 2 weeks ago 34 and 35 1/2 inches, they are still in the same lake as we speak.I gotta admit though, those trout and salmon are hard to keep off of the dinner table,one out of 3 I will keep for table fare.

Quick Reply: Fish Mounts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.