Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

NIGHT FISHING FOR BASS, HOW?

Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default NIGHT FISHING FOR BASS, HOW?

HELLO, IM FISHING NIGHT TIME IN A LAKE FOR LARGE MOUTH BASS, I HAVE HAD NO LUCK WITH TOP WATER AND HAVENT CAUGHT ONE BASS AFTER DARK , I WAS WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE HAD ANY LUCK NIGHT FISHING FOR BASS ? DO YOU HAVE ANY POINTERS WHAT BAITS USE EXT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIPS
Old 06-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NIGHT FISHING FOR BASS, HOW?

Generally at night Bass (especially bigger bass) move into shallower water. Especially at this timne of year, as the sun goes down they move into the shallow water to feed. I've found top water lures work well when there is a big bright moon. A lot depends on the body of water your fishing. The lakes I fish, I've found dark colors like purple, blue, and even black work best at night. I throw a lot soft plastics. Mostly worms. Actually, I use a lot of pre-rigged worms, and I fish them weightless. Get a slower more subtle fall. Seems to work well. I've done well with worms, jitterbugs, rattle traps, all rapalas, and some spinners at night. The key is to experiment. Just because you catch fish somewhere during the day, doesn't mean they will be there at night. Good luck to you. Lots of fun fishing bass at night. Watch out for the skeeters!!!!

J
Old 06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had best luck with a nightcrawler or minnow under a lighted bobber at night.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Kill I agree with throwit. I fish a lot at night here in Oklahoma, when it gets hot nights by far are the best bite. I fish a lot of 10" worm baits, dark colors and fish shallow grass and weeds. I like to throw big bladed black or purple spinner baits. If you have boat docks or man made structure I like to throw big plastic craws, prefer 6" Gene Larew salt craws, they are my favorite. Good luck, you will probably find night fishing very rewarding.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

12" plastic snake.. 20 lb mono.. 1/16 oz slip sinker.. get ready, hang out, and bring in a monster
Old 06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

theres tons of nice bass at a local lake.....you can see them all day and they rarely hit anything because they can see you......but soon as night falls you better hold on tight.....me and dad kill them using a small foam bobber just beyond or above the weed beds with a minnow below.....worked great....
Old 06-17-2004, 11:02 PM

I haven't fished for bass at night for awhile. But when I did the top water lures were the trick for me. Fish the shallows around the edges of reeds or lily pads The one lure that was really dynamite to use was the black jitter-bug. That gurgling noise it make just drove the bass crazy.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:52 PM

I Use A Mepps Timber Doodle There New And Awsome, Caught 7 Bass In One Night On One, Works Great. Its Firetiger With Green Mister Twister (included) Weedless As Well.
Good Luck
Old 06-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I throw a black buzz bait until I see the minnows and alloweyes (sp?) move into the shallow water. Then I throw a minnow (live or jerk bait somtimes) into that shallow water and usually catch a few. Sometimes those bait fish won't move into that shallow water until 2 or 3 in the morn, but it would be worth the wait.
Old 06-20-2004, 09:28 PM

I have a hard enough time catching bass during the day at the place I go most but I hit it off on other private lakes with night crawlers, water top lures, some spinner home rigs and some soft easy to make look alive artificial bait.

Quick Reply: NIGHT FISHING FOR BASS, HOW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.