Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing Report any and all fish

Old 05-10-2004, 04:34 PM

Default RE: Fishing Report any and all fish

starting to hit some bass in the area
Old 05-10-2004, 06:12 PM

Dubuque pool is starting to pick up for bass. I was out for 2 hours with a buddy and caught 7 fish. 1 largemouth was 16 1/4 and a monster 20" smallie. I can wait to get out when the water goes up a few degrees!
Old 05-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

i been trout fishing since march here in PA....started at a lake open to fishing during march....laid a whoopin on them out there....cuahgt 10-20 a day in a few hours just using powerbait....all nice rainbows....not bad sitting on shore with 2 rods using powerbait.....then the season opened the 17th of april......since then ive caught a ton more....all in streams using lures and spinners....and flys.....and one on a night crawler....didnt fish live bait much this year.....been enjoying the lures.....didnt catch anything really big....i think the biggest was a 14-16 inch brownie.....decint sized stocker for here.....i caught near 100 trout this season......fishing the streams here is about over......last weekend the streams were about dry...fish sitll there but the waters really low and warm and crystal clear......maybe tomarow ill head out to the lake and sit there with a bucket of minnows fishing from shore....just relaxing...im about done till i go back north where the streams run cold all year and the water doesnt dry up....hopefully i can get into some native brookies after turkey season....cant wait to catch them little guys.....then.....catfishing....i cant wait to battle them suckers.....found a good stream loaded with chubs out the road.....ill use them as bait.....hopefully the big cats like them......i want to break the state record flathead....i think its only 43lbs or something like that......i know theres bigger.....once i get a few big ones and know i can do it i think ill buy a good rod and reel for them so i can set out after that record breaker.....that would be awesome.....17 year old breaking a state record.......thats my dream anyway....maybe itll happen.....ill try....even a 20lber will make my day....them things are wild....you think all the other fish you catch can fight....but youd think diffrently after hooking a 15lb cat........they go nuts....the brute force is amazing....then mix that in with amazing tugs and crazy head thrashing and you have a heck of a fight.......they dont want to come out of the depths.....i cant wait to lay into some of them this year.........sitting by the river with the lantern hissing......then BAM!!!! one strikes and about takes your rod in.........cant wait........
Old 05-15-2004, 03:05 AM
Matriarch Doe!

The steelhead are running here! And salmon too, although steelhead are still outnumbering them from what I've caught/seen.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

I got out last night again for only 2 1/2 hrs boated 2 stripers, 3 herring, and 33 white bass while jigging. the larger of the 2 stripers only went 5lbs 12oz, but it's better than nothing.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:49 PM

here in wyoming on the last day of march we caught 28lbs of trout, we fished from shore since there was only about 15 ft of open water along the shorline. not bad for about 4 hours work! havent been able to get out since then