Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fishing from canoes/kayaks?

Old 02-05-2002, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default fishing from canoes/kayaks?

Anyone ever fish from a canoe or a kayak? God bless.

Brandan
Old 02-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fishing from canoes/kayaks?

building a cedar strip canoe as we speak....got plans for it already on some lakes for stocked rainbows, char, and pike! Was thinking about a kayak also but heck, where to put the gear and still get at it LOL!
Old 02-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i fished outa a lil boat fishing and bin in a conoe goose hunting....i will be in a conoe fishin later this spring...

mauser06
Old 02-05-2002, 08:32 PM

Conoes are fast and can get in small places not to steady I use a 14ft jon boat but what ever works for you have fun
Old 02-06-2002, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

canoes are really quiet... there's just something about fishing in a quiet lake with one. especially early in the morning.. try it sometime.. get up before teh sun is up go into the lake with a canoe in a paddle.. u'll know waht im talking about.

_ _ _ _ _
ROMANS 16:19 SAYS! BE EXCELLENT AT WHAT IS GOOD BE INNOCENT OF EVIL CAUSE THE GOD OF PEACE WILL SOON CRUSH SATEN UNDERNEATH YOUR FEET YEAH!
Remember "The 4 G's"
God
Guns
Guitars
Girls
Old 02-07-2002, 04:52 PM

me and my buddy fish from a canoe all the time. But, with this year we'll be getting out on the lakes and bays since we're old enough now to get our boaters licenses.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:39 PM

I've been into the BWCA a couple times. It's wonderful to canoe across lake after lake and portage after portage until you are so far out in the wilderness that you don't see another soul for a week or more. And the fishing is awesome. They are more steady if you put some weight in them to keep them lower in the water. After paddling for a while it doesnt' take long to get used to them and feel comfortable in them.
Old 02-09-2002, 03:55 PM

Me and my buddy also fish out of them alot in the summer. it was a pretty nice set up. just gotta remember to sit down. u can stand once u get the feel of it.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:00 PM

Dont EVER stand up in a canoe! Unless you plan on going for a swim. Because sooner or later, probably sooner you will be doing just that.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:01 PM

i found that we stood a little. just gotta keep good blance. We pushed poled in some pig ponds-small lakes. It was fun. there were some pretty funny moments of almost loosing it though.

Quick Reply: fishing from canoes/kayaks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.