Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Great day fishing in my kayak w/ new Cabela's PFD

Old 07-02-2024, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Great day fishing in my kayak w/ new Cabela's PFD

I packed everything up yesterday and met up with my sister to go kayaking on the James River...
i was changing lures in this photo, as jig spinners and rubber worm rigs weren't working.

Last edited by ButchA; 07-02-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

How do you like your kayak Butch? Does it get uncomfortable after a while?
Old 07-02-2024, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's incredible... Very stable and balanced. Thankfully my (late) brother-in-law bought a very nice, plush, seat and backrest for it. I can paddle for hours and not get cramped! It's called Cayman 124 (124 refers to 10'4" in length). It weighs a hefty 52# unloaded. They say you can actually stand up and fish out of it, since it's flat bottomed with a double keel. I'm thinking... Um, no.... I don't think so!
Old Yesterday, 03:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah I agree that it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to stand up and fish out of it. I have one but the seat gets uncomfortable after a little while. That’s why I was asking about how it was sitting in it fishing. I will have to try and find something to make it more comfortable..
Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll try to get a photo of the aftermarket seat that my (late) brother-in-law bought for it. It's extremely comfortable, like sitting in a living room recliner watching the ball game!
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Yeah I agree that it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to stand up and fish out of it. I have one but the seat gets uncomfortable after a little while. That’s why I was asking about how it was sitting in it fishing. I will have to try and find something to make it more comfortable..
Here you go... My late bro-in-law bought this for the kayak. It's made by Surf To Summit. It's extremely comfortable, like a La-Z-boy recliner!
https://www.outdoorplay.com/products...8aAqX6EALw_wcB

Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

One more "Retirement Gift" to me, after stopping at Cabela's... If you look closely at that photo of me in the fishing kayak, you'll notice my (late) bro-in-law's original kayak paddle set at 60° resting across my lap. The inside connecting tube (with the little push button locking mechanism) is slowly coming loose. D'oh.... So, Cabela's recommended I upgrade the kayak paddle, as Lord knows how old the original is/was back when my late brother-in-law bought it. This new one is made by Ascend and 240cm. Look close, and it even has a fish scale along the shafts in inches!

Old Today, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you ButchA for that seat info. I will be looking into it..