Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Retirement present / Father's Day present (New PFD!)

Old 06-20-2024, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you... I guess I'm what is known as a "triple dipper".

US Coast Guard retirement pension.
County Public Schools retirement pension (as meager as it is for being a bus driver).
Social Security.
Old 06-20-2024, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with that! I get fed up with people that complain about double dippers. If they "earned" the retirement, they should get it.
Old 06-20-2024, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

The main issue now that I face is Margaret has been building a "Honey Do List", now that I'm retired. She wants me to do this, do that, this, that, etc... And yet all I want is to hop in my kayak with my old Abu Garcia rod & reel, and go fishing!
Old 06-21-2024, 03:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Get up before she gets out of bed and disappear!
Old 06-21-2024, 04:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Welcome as Cal said. I hope you get many years of the good life. Yup the honey do list can be formidable but now you have the time. My first summer of retirement was spent working on the property I had just purchased 3 weeks before I got done. Jobs that I wasn't looking forward to were easy since all the pressure on me was done. I actually enjoyed the work and still had time to fish. My wife is important because I couldn't really take care of this place without her. I do much of outside maintenance and she deals with house projects. We have multiple gardens and an orchard and there is always work associated with them. She maintains the flowers and helps quite a bit with the veggies and fruit. At harvest time she does most of it. I tried to get her used to the zero turn but for some reason she can't get used to it just like backing up a trailer. I gave up trying to teach her...lol

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 06-21-2024 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2024, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
Yup... It's official.... I am now in VRS (Virginia Retirement System) and I just now (earlier today) went onto the massive Social Security system, logged in, and filled out screen after screen after screen, of personal data. Saving it each time I proceed.
Congrats on your retirement. I have 6 months to wait, then I'm retiring. Can't Wait!