Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Replacing my crankbaits

Old 05-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Replacing my crankbaits

Most of you guys remember me telling about my tackle bag getting stolden...well, I've been gradually rebuilding my lure collection. I only like having my ulmost favorites..After the spawn I primarily use crankbaits...Bill Norman's are my favorite and anything in chrome my favorite color.They no longer carry that color..so I went to ebay and bought 7 . I like chrome with a black back but picked up a purple / chrome and a blue/ chrome...as well. I only found 7 baits and bought all 7 about 7.00 a piece. Big time confidence bait for me...in DD14 ( deep diver 14 foot deep)

I also watched a very good youtube video in how to paint your own crankbaits..I plan to get into that as well.

Other lures I use

Terminator Spinner Baits
Rooster Tails 3/8 ounce
Black worms
Arkansas Shiner Flukes
Zoom Horney Toads ( bullfrog color)
Mann's Little George Tail Spinners
Heddon Torpedo
Rapala Crankbaits and Jerk baits
Minus 2 cranks
Bomber Cranks
Lil Betsy Bass Jigs

That is it
For monster bass in semi clear water..in which I fish
Zoom Black Trick Worm Texas rigged or ChromeDD14 Norman Cranks...

Lakes with thick vegetation...jigs

For deep lakes when the bite is very slow..Mann's Little George

When bass are breaking the surface Rooster Tail about 2 feet below the surface..or top water

Primarily my area is old deep phosphate pits...some structure but not thick..few cat tails..over stretched will branches...points..rock bars..that is it...very little pressure because there is no boat ramp.(-; thankful for 4 wheel drive. Most days I'm the only boat out there...I get about 3 hits per hour on average. My favorite fishing style is pitching and flipping but catch more quality bass cranking ..after the spawn.

Heres one I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321394270315...84.m1497.l2649

Last edited by Chuck7; 05-12-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Dominant Buck

Anybody ever go over board in spending..Yikes! I'm now stocked in crankbaits.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep. I have 9 tackle boxes for everything from perch to blue fin tuna. Fly boxes don't count. A couple of them are huge front and top opening filled to the rivets. I feel your pain! I also lost one out of the back of my truck that had about $400.00 replacement cost. Had to go out and get what was in there.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...mine was well over 700 when I made the police report....The other day I was looking for my needle nosed pliers..then I remembered my Channel Lock needle nosed and Craftsman were both in my bag..as well as a very nice Cannon camera....anyways...the thieves are forgiven and my other box is complete.

Retirement is wonderful....
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Anybody ever go over board in spending..Yikes! I'm now stocked in crankbaits.
Ok Chuck I'm gonna blame this on YOU!

Your mentioning your crankbait stock got me curious so I went and grabbed what cranks I usually carry in the boat and laid them out for a pic. That made me realize several things.

1). My wife has NO idea I have this many!
2). Crankbaits aren't even my favorite bait, my soft plastics collection DWARFS my crankbait collection.
3). My motto with ALL my pursuits, "If I don't spend it the wife and kids will!"
4). My favorite crankbait is the DT series by Rapala. From DT 3s to DT 20s I LOVE'EM!

From just under the surface to near 30ft I have'm "covered" right?...
HL
Attached Thumbnails Replacing my crankbaits-cranks.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...you are covered.