Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

A good fishing outing..

Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default A good fishing outing..

Wind from the south west..but MTHands says that's the best and the east is least...so I stayed {-;

Iboated 11 bass..we won't talk about the one that got away..The one in the picture is a tad under 5..I mostly pitched and flipped my black worm..A nice time. I saved the limit of 3 for a friend. They were happy.They will be smoked. Below is a good ten foot gator. We left each other alone.

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-23-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bass. I haven't had a feed of them for a long time. None of them around here.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

No kidding..no bass in Canada? You have your fun with the salmon {-;
Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Around here, it's trout, pike, walleye, sturgeon and various other species, but no bass. A 100# sturgeon will keep you busy for a few minutes. lol
Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

good deal buddy, thats a pretty good size lizard
Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes sir...and the folks loved the smoked bass..now I have a reason to fish.lol ..These are very intelligent people.He used to race..and build race cars..He has hogs on his property and I am the only one allowed to hunt them..if I want..I'll post a pic of the man's wife on a hog I killed last year..

He knows firearms in and out and teaches me alot about that subject..He's in his 70s but looks in his early 50s..very healthy. He is Jewish. I helped build a small arms range in his back yd..he has 8 acres of land..

I plan to fish alot more..I ended up getting 11 bass..in the afternoon they shut down so I chucked out a DD14 Bill Norman and boated number 11 a fat 17 incher..I was digging the dirt up slow when she attacked.

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-24-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Gangly wanted to know more specifics..he texted me,,[-;

All fish were caught pitching..there is very little structure this time of the year {Shoreline veggies } when I found a grass mat..that is where the big bertha's were ..I hooked in to 3 decent fish..2 came unbuttoned ..1 I got..and it was wrapped around a branceh..I was very fortunate..

After it slowed down..I chose to chuck DD14 at the very first place I took you. I was in the middle of the flat section and casted toward the cat tails...making it dive deep and then up the more shallower part..climbing up the shallower part is where I got slammed..this was my 3rd I needed for the cooler..my battery was nearly dead so I stopped fishing..The bait was a Chrome black back DD14..

Pitching i used 10pound Trilene..Flipping I used a worm on 20 pound Power Pro..Reason I missed fish..been a while..I forgot you can't have line in your left hand and think you got enough forearm strengh the set the hook one handed..Once I started winding down and using 2 hands..I caught more fish LOL

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-24-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, thats awesome Chuck! Getting to fish while also knowing your helping others out. Its a win win any way you look at it. I should have know you were pitching that black worm, you and that black worm know how to get it done. I just started using cranks last year and still have a lot to learn, but the Norman series have been good producers. Congrats on the great fishing!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good looking hog too. Just about the perfect size to quarter out and smoke.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Aaron..yes the Norman's get er done..I've got a box full..My favorite is the DD14 Black back Chrome followed by the Tenn.Shad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.