Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

"Gone Fishing" children's book sparks fishing interest.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Spike

Default "Gone Fishing" children's book sparks fishing interest.

Hi Everyone, WillCFish here,

I wanted to post info on a children's book that I think will interest those of you who have fishing kids in your lives. GONE FISHING by Tamera Will Wissinger is a new fishing adventure story for kids age six and up told through a series of poems. It’s about a nine-year-old boy who is excited about his fishing trip with his dad and it includes the challenges and thrill of fishing for the big one.

Tamera is my daughter and some of the poems in her book were inspired by fishing trips that my wife and I took with our kids when they were young. I’ve had the chance to read an advanced copy and it will spark the interest in fishing for children as well as give them a better understanding of Poetry.

Publishers Weekly and the Junior Library Guild have already given GONE FISHING their endorsement, too. GONE FISHING is available for pre-order now, and will release on March 5. Here's a link to Houghton Mifflin's ordering info:

http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/...=9780547820118
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the head's up. I teach a classroom of ....challenging boys. They all love to read non-fiction books and must read one book per day. I will certainly keep these books in mind. I use bass fishing examples alot and the students beg me to take them fishing. Yestterday we wrote Haiku poems...A Haiku poem is 3 statements...the first has 5 syllables the 2nd one has 7 syllables and the 3rd has 5 syllables..You write the 3 statements and then draw a picture..I wrote this and then drew a picture of it ..

Big Bass Bit my Jig

She exploded out of weeds

line broke ; happy Bass

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Spike

That's great Chuck. I'm sure Tamera has a Haiku Poem in her book. There is one of almost every type of verse there is with good end matter describing each. Good luck with those students. Gone Fishing is in the book stores now and Vero Beach bookstore has signed copies.