Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Last fishing before school starts back

Old 08-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Last fishing before school starts back

Here's some pics..Matt boated one. Estimated at 3 pounds..

I got lucky and boated a 6 and a 7 pounder with two 3 pounders....lost a 5....Here's the 7 pounder .Mine weer weighed {-;

and a 6 pounder.......

DANG!!!!!The lip is an inch past the ruler....

Phil, this is what flipping looks like..I lost one doing this ..saw it..only about 3 pounds...

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-18-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

It looks like Matt was clipping right along..

Those bass looks like a lot of fun to catch..

I have a new scale and will be wieghing a few bass shortly to get me up on the board when I get a chance to head out after them.. Maybe in the early morning tomorrow, not sure yet though..

That baitcaster just sits there and watches me for the most part.. I despy those backlashes.. LOL So it just sits there and watches me.. Maybe it will get the idea if it behaves I can catch some fish with it, That trick has not worked yet for me either..
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Good deal Phil....we only have one more Saturday..then, it"s all over .The full moon is in 2 Sat.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

good fish Chuck, a couple of real footballs
Old 08-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes ..when by yourself it's very hard to get a good pic of a fish.that 7 does not look like a 7 at all....but she was...I had a 9 on here a while back that looked like a 5 pounder lol....I hate that.

I don't know of a good way to photograph fish when your by yourself. I think all my fish looked much smaller this year when I took them by myself. If people didn't know me they would sware that I was cheating.....thus the reason I put the 6 on the ruler.

Matt and I. Had a 5 dollar bet on....

Poor Matt had a terrible start..

6:30am Matt is at the boat ramp alone...he forgot to put the plug in...while he is trying to start the boat he noticed the boat filling up with water...Currently he benches 300 pounds and it's a good thing...took him 30 minutes to pull the boat filled water and his 100 pound Yamaha to an inclined plane on the surface...

6:30 Meanwhile...I had simply pushed my boat farther up the lake. I hit a back pit..and felt in my heart to try a new technique...I got about 15 yds from some cat tails and cast my black backed chrome DD .Within 6 inches of the cat tails..within 5 minutes I caught two stocky 3 pounders...

I was waitingh for Matt to meet me at "The hot sandbar" ..so I called him up..only to find out he was at the ramp draining his boat..my wife who is garage sailings calls me..."Would you be interested in a Like new 50 pound thrust Minn Cota for 25.00 ?" "YES! I said"sorry , another man just grabbed it she says,,DANG!!! I then make about 25 cast and then the ole familiar mud filled bucket hit comes along..I carefully played out a nice 6 pounder...

Then, Matt buzzes by going to another sandbar..about 28 Mph...Meanwhile I throw a rubber worm out to dead stick..but keep on cranking..I simply lay the worm rod on the edge of the boat..this way when I hear the rod scraping along side of the boat..I know a bass is on..5 minutes later I hear the rod....watch the line going toward the deep...I pick up the rod and carefully. Fight a 7 pounder.Then I went to a certain clump of cat tails where I lost a bass last week..in the cat tails you never know how big they can be..a two pounder can wrap you up and make you think you got an 8 pounder..I noticed all the bass stayed in the same Exact area all year long.
I flipped the worm in the exact spot as last week....my line appeared hung up...ut oh...is that a fish ? Yep...my line is being mazed through the aquatic jungle."Not this time I " I said. I quickly set the hook pulling her totally free...at least free enough to notice sher was only about 2 1/2 pounds..somehow that feisty gal does a quick wrap around a lone stalk of cat tail..and a little faint Crap" mutters out of my mouth..I hate loosing fish..one day it could be for serious bucks.

I then went to find Matt to take some pictures of him...he was striking out..We both decided to head back to the hot sandbar before getting rained out...black clouds from the west were moving in..we were both cranking and drifting a black worm..the cool a breeze was blowing in from the..west (-; I hooked into a bass about 11/2 pounds..did not weigh....Then on the worm I felt a tug..set the hook and it APPEARED a 2 pounder was on when it cleared the water about 15 yds away...I noticed it was fighting very hard for such a "Small bass" when I got her to the boat she nearly broke the line she jumps up next to the boat and lo and behold she's a good 5 pounds as she somehow came unbuttoned..I said the word CRAP about ten times..Kind of loud .I hate loosing fish..then on a Crankbait !Matt boats his first and only bass...he would not weigh it since he had no way of winning..it was 21 inches long..although the pic makes it look much smaller.....

Then at 10:00 the black clouds began to unleash her water so we raced back to shore. Matt won that race.(-; actually the top pic is him racing back to the shore..his 15 horse beat my 55 pound Minn Cota fair and square.(-;

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-19-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

For some reason i can't see the pic.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear that...there are 6 pictures. I can't see them when I'm not logged in...and if I take them from my photo album..they disappear totally. Sounds like a filter issue on your end..

Thanks for the reply though and I hope you get the problem straightened out on your end.
C7
Old 08-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Good deal Phil....we only have one more Saturday..then, it"s all over .The full moon is in 2 Sat.
Well I went out and tried my luck this morning.. I caught a pile of little ones. Both largemouths and smallmouths. The biggest I caught was only 2 1/4 largemouth.. I did however had 2 large smallmouths on. The first one threw the hook after around 5 or 6 leaps into the air. It was right beside the boat when it got off.. Prolly around the 4 lb mark someplace. Then the other came up out of the water and dove down under the boat. Before I could respond to it the bass broke my 12lb test line. I can not say for sure how big it really was but my guess was someplace around the 6lb mark. Which would of made that one a wall hanger for sure. Along with another one that didn't get away patch.. ggrrrr.. Oh, well more reason to go back there.
Then trolling a small rapala I lost another one only this time a largemouth prolly close to 4 lbs. somewhere. That one went straight down into the salad. I brought him up out of it only to have him get off around 5 feet from the boat.. So I have finally found where those decent bass are hiding at anyways. Now if I can get a few more to bite.. It was a great day out just the same.

I am not sure if these will count but, I did wiegh it and it was 2 1/4 lbs.. 14 and 1/2 inches.. Largemouth..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Looks good to me..yep..and those fish will be there again...shiners might be the ticket since we are heading toward the goal line.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am planning on using some frogs on them this when I try it again.. Prolly in the morning.. Bass just love those small frogs.. Also will be using my baitcaster where those big fellas were hitting.. Trolling a bigger rapala and the likes. Most likely will make most of the day out of it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.