Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Muskie question?

Old 09-06-2003, 12:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muskie question?

I just started muskie fishing this year and have been having a blast with it. I' ve only caught 3 fish 40" , 42" , and 47" but I' ve hooked up with about 8 others and had 20+ follows. I guess my question is how does one know when the transition periods are when fish move from their summer homes to thier fall and winter areas? Things like water temperature, forage, and other factors must be considered but as a general rule of thumb what does one look for when huntin for these thing during their transition periods like what water temps and so forth? Example the lakes I fish area around the alexandria area and have alot of vegitation 15 feet and shallower but not to much else deeper maybe a few scattered deep water humps but no rocks, weeds, logs anything and the fish have been feeding almost exclusivly on little blugills. Any help on this would be great. Cause the last few times I' ve been out I' ve done everything I did a couple weeks ago and nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.