Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Wanna see my boat?

Old 06-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Smile Wanna see my boat?

It is nothing to fancy as it is a 15 foot Corson made here in Maine back in 1973.. I was given on Christmas Day in 2010 after it sat around for about 6 years uncovered. I put a new motor on it last spring when I first had a chance to register it. I have done a quite a bit of work to the trailer and will be needing some new boat seats. I can not find the seats for it on the web and the boat maker no longer exists. That leaves me very little options except to either build some new ones myself or have someone make some for me.
Anyways here are some pics of the boat and some of the work to the trailer. Keep in mind this is a tilt trailer so depth at the landing does not hurt me very much..

As you can see the rollers in the center were in very bad shape.. I replaced them today and earlier this year I replaced the winch. The bunker rollers I put on last year as well as the boat guides. I also had to make up the brackets to hold the bunker rollers on.. Now this boat is much better to load and unload..

Now that I bored everyone.. Thanks for checking this out..
Yes! This little boat cruises.. A friend and I passed a 90 horse power boat heading up lake in this little boat. But thier boat was bigger and had 4 guys in it.. That high thrust lower unit on this 60 hp works great as well..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-14-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, cool little machine!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

nice lines on that boat,
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, I would be out fishing in it today but the wind is blowing pretty hard. Tomorrow is suposed to be a hot day and I am hoping no wind. So you can guess where I will be come tomorrow morning..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey..I want to go for a ride...check out the Maine scenery...nice boat Phil...I know that motor cost ya some serious bucks.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Chuck, yeah it cost me but, now I know I shouldn't be breaking down anytime soon. I saved around 1800 buying it off line and they shipped it up out of Florida.. Even though I bought it in Nevada go figure.. I put it on myself which also helped to save some $$$.. I was given the boat after taking care of the guy's dad who was a good fishing friend of mine. That was only after he kept trying to sell the boat with no takers.

Any time you happen up this way I will gladly take you out for a ride in it Chuck. Also where I unloaded the boat to work on the trailer is only about a mile from here. They have just completed putting in a new bridge which is higher so as I can have easy access to even more waterway. From that landing I can go up lake almost 20 miles and with that new bridge soon I will be able to go another 10 miles downstream. The St. Croix River flowage which is quite famous for it's smallmouth fishing here. So that will give me almost 30 miles after putting in about a mile from here. Just have to wait for that temporary bridge to get taken out now..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-14-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Phil, your work has paid off nicely
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Looks good Phil. What type of fish are there where the boat is pictured?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys,

White perch is what I fish for out of this lake mainly.. However in the spring there is a lot of landlock salmon moving down threw this lake. Smallmouth bass are in this lake as well. Those smallmouths and white perch are the main fish in this water shed as it connects Long lake, Big Lake, and the St. Croix River flowage. The name of this small lake is Lewey Lake. Just north of Big Lake is Grandlake Stream which is fly fishing only for Landlock Salmon and stocked brook trout.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.