Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

stink bait recipes????

Old 06-05-2012, 03:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default stink bait recipes????

Thinking about making my own catfish bait and was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to share a recipe if there is anyone out there as crazy as me and has tried this.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

trying something new here, packet of koolaid, 1/4 cup of water, two hot dogs cliced to bait size, and lots of miced garlic (learned this from field and stream and tweaked it a lil...) will it work?? idk... trying it tonite so ill tell you if i catch anything.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

what i often do is when using chicken livers i throw in hot dog chunks in with the chicken livers,
when done i freeze it and even if the chicken livers get old, the juices and hot dogs take up all that tasty goodness,
Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

i think i am going to blend up a beef liver, some velveeta cheese, and some garlic cloves and let it all set in the sun for a day or so and see what happens.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
i think i am going to blend up a beef liver, some velveeta cheese, and some garlic cloves and let it all set in the sun for a day or so and see what happens.
to get it from mush to something workable add flour or cornstarch till you get the consistancy where you can mold it onto a treble
Old 06-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

well i mixed it and was barely able to keep my beans but i got it done. I added a package of cheap hot dogs and liquified them into the mixure. It already smelled like a rotten corpse and it isnt even rotten yet lol.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

well i tried out the bait last night and i couldnt even run two rods at the same time like i usually do. After about losing my second rod while i was pulling a cat in with the first i decided to put one rod away. I ended up keeping 5 to eat.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on catching your catfish with your own homemade bait.. That must have been fun catching them.. We only have bullheads up here for as far as catfish goes. So there was no suggestions from me on this topic.. Congrats again..