Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

First Bass Of the Season

Old 01-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Default First Bass Of the Season

I caught it accidently while fishing for crappie.I was skunked on crappie and caught this 1 1/4 pound lunker LOL on live bait..so it's disqualified.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a photograph coming tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully when I get my camera back!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first of the year, on the ole' schooley rod and 1lb thread. Proff that "biggeR" fish eat small things. Caught this on a teardrop and spike that were as small as a pencil eraser.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great catches guys! I caught a nice little dink today as well and will try to post a pic of it when I get to the office tomorrow.

BH14. I inherited a reel just like the one in your pic and have no clue what it's purpose is, could you elaborate on the purpose of it's design?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Buck,
Did you want me to record that bass on the tourney score board? if so ..please post the picture on the tournament thread and tell me the fishes weight.I'm a little confused about all the numbers in your picture..

It looks like the picture is saying that the fish weighs 1.14 pounds but it looks much bigger than that..

Thanks,
Chuck

And yes..I agree partner..I've hooked alot of quality fish on small lures..like a 1/4 ounce Rooster TailLOL too many to count..
Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
Great catches guys! I caught a nice little dink today as well and will try to post a pic of it when I get to the office tomorrow.

BH14. I inherited a reel just like the one in your pic and have no clue what it's purpose is, could you elaborate on the purpose of it's design?
Gangly, The rod and reel are used for shallow ice fishing for panfish. It is about the most "simplistic" type of rod you can get, thus very nice for fishing 10 FOW and less under the ice. A few turns of the reel and you have the fish up, unless it is a bass like that on 1 lb test. I often use them in shallow water and with finicky fish as the spring indicator helps me detect the smallest of bites, which often result in large panfish.

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Buck,
Did you want me to record that bass on the tourney score board? if so ..please post the picture on the tournament thread and tell me the fishes weight.I'm a little confused about all the numbers in your picture..

It looks like the picture is saying that the fish weighs 1.14 pounds but it looks much bigger than that..

Thanks,
Chuck
Chuck, the photograph numbers are stating the date and time stamp Janurary 14, 2012. (military 24-hour time).

It was caught on a corn bore which I would consider to be live bait and I have no exact measurement, probably about 2 pounds. It was just for fun, no need to register him.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can add me to the board with this little dink that I mentioned catching yesterday

Last edited by Gangly; 01-18-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Gangly,
I need you to post that fish on the Tournament thread. After that is done I'll type the weght in..How long was that hawg?

Chuck
Old 01-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I posted it in the tournament thread under my original post on the first page. I can add another post to the end of the topic if you want me to, just let me know.

Just under 21 inches, but FAT.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

It's done..Is your boat running now?/

Chuck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.