Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

First Bass Of the Season

Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, I put it in at the beginning of january and they said it should be finished in about 3-4 weeks or by the end of January. It has been 2.5 weeks now so hopefully it doesnt take too much longer, but I'm fairly certain it wont be ready by the end of this week. Timetables for major repairs rarely go according to plan.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya..unless I had a friend who could work on outboards..I would never buy them..Boat repair shops are one of the biggest scams in my neck of the woods. they are flat out wicked.

I'm thankful that my fishing holes don't require an outboard..yes they would be nice but not really necessary.

IF I had an honest repair shop..I'd buy a nice Bass Tracker today..
Warranties are also useless down here..
I once bought a brand new Nissan motor.The man put brass shavings right into the gas take while I was watching.I contacted Nissan and simply got the run around."It's your word against his." My last bill was so stupid..I left the motor at the repair shop..NEVER AGAIN..It was a nightmare..

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-18-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

man, i would be worried taking any motor to a shop after hearing that. Luckily, the shop is a mercury endorsed shop and has been there for a LONG time and has a very good reputation from everybody I have talked to. Hopefully everything works out and I can be on Conroe for the crappie bite. They are starting to catch the crappie in less than 10 feet around some slips. I find it unusual that they would be that shallow this early but the water on conroe is only 54 degrees and we have been hovering around 80 this past week so I guess its not too early. Some new jigs and some Stike King Bitsy Minnow's are going to get a good workout soon hopefully
Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Dominant Buck

My crappie lake skunked us..either one of 2 reasons..

A. The small lake has been fished out

B. The new growth of hydrilla has added a hiding place for the crappie.

I believe a little bit of both..
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

By the way ..real nice fish...you should be in the lead for a while..
C7

ps that fish looked totally different on my school computer than my home computer,,My school computer made it look skinnnier..this computer makes it look like a 5.98 { -;

The pressure is on..Matt caught a 7 pounder a few years ago that was 21 inches..a real butterball. you need to get a 5 pounder to go with it..That would keep ya in the running for a while,,I bet this fish fought hard. Looks like your bass are spawning ..this weekend should be hot for ya with the new moon coming up Mon...your next full moon $ days before should be your best chance for a 10 pounder...and the next month following. I'm hitting it hard this weekend..Our weather is similiar to yours

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-18-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

It fought pretty hard but not for long, maybe 5-6 seconds total from the initial bite to me lipping it. However, when I fish a jig with braid, I dont worry about breaking the line or straightening the hook. I set the hook and haul them in as quick as I can unless they are doing some extreme acrobatics in which case I will play them out a little....very little.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice fish, congrats. Did you ever post a picture of your 7.8 lb bucketmouth?

Please repost, would like to see one!

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Our fishing reports are on Thursdays..Diffently looks like spawning season is here..

In a local lake tourney there was a 9 1/2 pounder boated and my favorite place where I took Gangly..a 10 was reported caught..

You all know where I'll be spending my extra time.{ -; I purposly failed to mention the name of these places..{ -; in case someone decides to do a search. Warning..If I get a 10 or bigger I will be getting a skin mount...sorry if that offends anyone.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
You all know where I'll be spending my extra time.{ -; I purposly failed to mention the name of these places..{ -; in case someone decides to do a search. Warning..If I get a 10 or bigger I will be getting a skin mount...sorry if that offends anyone.

That's OK Chuck, I didn't want to make the 2-day drive anyway!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Dominant Buck

LOL you are always welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.