Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

The fishing has STUNK lately.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The fishing has STUNK lately.

I'm having horrible luck lately. I've managed a few small bass and a few small crappie last week, but I haven't been able to get a decent bite on anything lately. I hoped with the moon phase this past week that it would be decent fishing, but a cold snap came in and I have managed to catch no bass at all. The crappie bite is starting to pickup so I had a had a local guy make up some jigs for me that I'm hoping will do the trick. I asked him to make some custom ones for me that resembled (in color) a lure I was having success with. When they were done he mentioned that they looked nothing like anything he had ever made before so I'll prolly catch nothing with them at all. Who knows, there is something to be said for going against the grain and doing things differently, but sometimes there is a reason you don't change things up, haha. We'll find out shortly enough.

So, has anybody had decent luck in the past week or so?
Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to hear that..

This weekend is the end of hunting..

My Plans..which are always subject to change..

Sat..sit all day in a deer stand
Sun.family day.
Monday..fish for bass all morning..maybe drift 2 jigs for crappie at the same time..plan to pitch a black worm