Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Change of plans

Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Change of plans

Vacation and work are totally different..

When I'm at work...I MUST start each day in prayer and the Word...God then gives me the joy and wisdom in dealing with life.

On vacation ..I tend to lax quite a bit and actually am proned to getting bummed out /thus I get tempted to look for joy in other places..this can lead to idolatry..for anything put before God is idolatry. Saying all that..I'm feeling strong this morning as this is the first day of school..and after prayer and the Word and reading Revelation 1-2 ..I am NOT joining a BASS club..one verse to think about "Condescend to men of low estate." In other words..take a poor man fishing or a child. {-;
Old 01-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

In other words..take a poor man fishing or a child. {-;
I normally try to do this when ever I can..

It is simular as my saying a good day out in the great outdoors is great whether having any success or not. Any success whether hunting or fishing is nothing more than a bonus to a great day away from it all..
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,

I don't like working but I do find myself getting in trouble with too much time on my hands.,.I went back to work today and I really do like the pressure..it keeps me out of trouble. Shoot..if I had 30 days off I'd probalby be broke and in the county jail LOL

I talked to my principal today..and although she could live anywhere, she chooses to live a simple lifestyle. I like that way too...but sometimes I get tempted thinking that the grass is greener on the other side..it's not...and you will find yourself broke and unhappy before long.{ -;

Keep it simple and have fun.I agree with your quote Phil.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

you have to go with what your heart says, otherwise you will second guess your decision forever. Regarding the grass being greener on the other side.....

"The grass is always greener where the dogs are pooping"

That little saying has kept me balanced quite a bit. When you work hard for what you have, everything seems nicer

Also, I don't think that God would hold success or opportunity from someone who is walking in the right path. It is my belief that God doesn't hold back his followers when they are doing his work unless something better is coming along shortly. BASS might be a means through which you can do his work so I wouldn't look at it to negatively. However, if you feel that God is telling you to turn away, then its always best to listen.

As an example, look at Tebow. God has given him great success even though he is no where near an elite caliber QB. He has reached the pinnacle of his current career path giving God the credit all the way up the ladder. Because of that, and hard work, God has seen fit to give him success in return. As long as you give God the credit in everything you do, I don't see why God would remove opportunities from you unless he has something better on the horizon for you.

Worry not about your decisions. Work hard and put the rest on Gods hands. Doing that, you will see the path you need to take, and it appears that you already have

There is no reason for apologies, just acceptance that the decision you made was the right one for you and is the right one for the relationship that matters most: The one between you and God
Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Dominant Buck

My eyes have opened up spiritually this week. After 57 years I now understand what is most important..and that is loving ALL people

Let me tell you how I learned that. My principal is a saint. She has the respect of every teacher and our school thrives. She believes I'm a saint { Thank God she doesn't see me behind closed doors} I'd be very ashamed. She beleives in me..and because of that I do my utmost to please her on my job...simply because I want to meet her expectations.

I thought ..is this not the way I should be treating others..although they may wear there pants low and curse etc.etc. Should I not look beyond at what my eyes see and look at the potential of everyone. This unconditional love can only be lived through the Holy Spirit.

Summary..my shift has gone from thinking about me to others.1 Cor. 13 says although i know everything...when I 'm self fish..I'm only making noise. I'm tired of being a noise maker..I want to be on the front lines making a difference in the lives of others.

As far as BASS..I reallyt don't want to invest the money..or the time..I want to keep it simple..loving my 3 boys who really need a loving understanding dad now {they are in thier 20s} and my wife needs a loving husband as well. Folks, I've been quite self-fish and i need to ggrow up. The end of 1 Cor.13 states,"When I was a child I thought as a child,when I became a man I put away childish ways."

Have a blessed New Year,
Love Chuck7
Old 01-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Day 1. what a difference I 've had today. I have 2 ladies who work for me..They have out did themselves...my students have been a charm..and I'm usually bombarded with bad negative thoughts..I never had one bad thought today..only peace and joy and a very productive morning.

From simply...thinking the best of people no matter what my eyes tell me or past experience..I feel like a new man..
WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!

Thus it is written "Love covers a multitude of sins." { -;