Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Fishing has been decent lately

Old 10-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

and if I see one every other hunt..sitting ALL DAY in my stand I'm considered a great hunter down here..LOL
Old 10-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I won the friendly tournament at the new lake...2 days past a full moon proved to be very tough...my depth finder helped a ton..I found vegetation off the shore and they were holding fish..nothing over 2 pounds...all on black trick worm fishingunderwater eel grass clumps...nice clean lake loaded with structure ..will be back another day..

C7
Old 10-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for the kind words Chuck, and on my next visit to Texas i'd love to meet Gangly, he lives very close to where i used to live in Tex. (Spring, between 2920 & spring-cypress, near hooks airport) ....

good news here on the fishing, the baitfish are in the backs of the creeks and the fish are not far behind, we went the other day and our big fish was right at 5, and we caught between 15-20 fish, most in the 1.5-2# range, but we caught them on one of my fav. fall patterns, small willow leaf spinner-bait, and man they would kill itour water temps are running high 60's to low 70's and the fish are starting their "fall feed" so the next couple of weeks ought to be great....the FLW is here this week, so i'll have to try to figure out a way to stay out of their way, and still let us fish...may just fish new water...who knows...but things should be interesting
Old 10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

good deal MT
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great deal Chuck, glad you won!

MTHands, anytime you are down in the area, feel free to let me know and we can meet up. Im across from The Woodlands mall, so I am very close to your old running grounds. Ya'll take care and good fishing!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Gangly..you'll like MT alot..SUPER MELLOW ..great social skills.

Back to the tourney..we were being skunked..I'll summerize..we were on opposites sides of a small lake..I found fish..caught one..I phoned Matt and invited him..he has no depth finder..he declined..at first..{ -;..

About 1 hour later he came over and caught 2 bass....at the end of the game he says, "Dad,pick me up a depth finder." { -;..I said ok.

Live and learn LOL

The lake was very interesting..the moon phase was horrible { Fish had fed all night} ..and the lake was pretty much flat with zero structure..but while drifting I came upon some nice islands of eel grass..the fish had lock jaw but enough bumping and I had 3 fish..I missed one on a Horny Toad early and one in the eel grass..I thought it was grass but when it ran sideways...well you know the old story.

Last edited by Chuck7; 10-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.