Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Big Trip this weekend

Old 07-07-2011, 06:56 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Default Big Trip this weekend

The wife and I and my buddy from work and his wife are heading to the Upper Penninsula on a fishing trip this afternoon. We are both dropping are kids off at their grandparents and heading to Cedarville to fish for herring. My boat, his truck, and a tent! I don't think ive ever eaven seen a herring but i guess these ones range from 14 to 22 inches, and are awsome fighters, and taste great. They are supposed to be biting really well right now, they use a bobber, teardrop and waxworms, which is cool cause it will be a nice change of pace from all the trolling i've been doing lately. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, and this will be the first weekend i've spent with no kids since they were born 5 yrs ago!! I love em to death but man am i excited about this trip! Hopin to be postin up lots of pics on here when i get back on Sunday.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Well, we got back late last night and what an awsome weekend it was!! Weather was perfect, beautiful scenery and great fishing. We got our 4 man limit of 48 fish Fri, Sat, and sunday a 2 man limit of 24. We brought home about 35 lbs of fillets, Gonna be a lot of fryin, smokin and pickling goin on this week. Anyways, here's some pics....

The campground was in a small bay on Lake Huron

The fish are real easy to clean, and cleaning up the mess when you were done was pretty easy too, just take about five steps back from the table!

We did 2 trips a day, heres the results

And hate to admit it, but i think the wives caught more of em than we did!

Can't wait to do it again next yr!!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

NICE PICS...what kind of fish are they???
Old 07-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Herring/Whitefish
Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Buck...I've eatten herring..I'm very fond of their roe..They are very boney..The pickling would be very good..
Old 07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like ya had fun!!

Last edited by IBHUN10; 07-13-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great fishing! Even better when your wives are wanting to take part in it. Looks like it was a fun time for sure.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:56 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
Great fishing! Even better when your wives are wanting to take part in it. Looks like it was a fun time for sure.
Was definately a weekend to remember. Think i may be creating a monster tho, Had the wife out last night trolling for walleyes and she actually wanted to learn how to set lines, was baiting up crawler harnesses and she caught all the fish too! Think she's caught more fish in the last 2 weeks than she has her whole life. If she hooks into some big boys one of these days i'll never get her off the boat!!!