Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Crazywalleye bite

Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Crazywalleye bite

Went out last night and fished a spot from about 9 to 11 without a bite.Buddy called and said they were fishing a couple hundred yards down the bank and gettin a few.The dock they were on was full so I went out on the longer dock beside it and started casting.Had 4 walleye in my first 5 casts. When it was all said and done between 11 and 1 in the morning when I quit I had caught about 30 walleyes in 2 hours, Id missed probably another 15 and had a limit of 5 over 14 inches.At one point the biggest walleye I had seen was following my lure as i twitched it up and down the side of the dock but wouldnt hit it, he musta been over 3 lbs.One of the other guys went out on the longer dock on the other side of where theyd been fishing and he was immediately catching fish left and right as well.Not sure how many he wound up with all together.

Near as I can tell the first two spots we were in just werent quite far enough out into the water to get to the fish.What a difference another 20 ft of casting room makes.Think the baitfish were all up under the streelight and the walleyes were hanging out deeper picking em off as they went back out, got more fish in two hours than Ive caught in the last month of fishing almost every night lol.