Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

First Cat's of the year

Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 AM
Spike

Default First Cat's of the year

Went out last Sunday and had a few beers, soaked up some sun, and caught 6 pretty good cats. Probably weighed 18lbs total. Went straight home and put half of them in the freezer and fried the rest up. Fresh fried catfish cannot be beat!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Nice catch! I caught a few this weekend on a small creek in my kayak. The one big one (~4lb) bent my small little bream hook and got away! I was targeting bream and crappie, but cats is all I caught. Caught them on Gulp! maggots fished under a weighted cork.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mrl0004
Nice catch! I caught a few this weekend on a small creek in my kayak. The one big one (~4lb) bent my small little bream hook and got away! I was targeting bream and crappie, but cats is all I caught. Caught them on Gulp! maggots fished under a weighted cork.
Thanks. My next big purchase is going to be a river kayak. I went kayak fishing in St. Augustine bay last year and it was completely awesome. The most fun I have ever had fishing. Nice work though, I need to get out and do some crappie fishing.