Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fiddled too much....

Old 07-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default fiddled too much....

I went down to Kentucky for a campin trip and took my fishin equipment. When I got down there and got the poles out, I went down to the water and went to change my lures and noticed that the first eyelet of the pole was bent backwards toward the reel..... I bent it back into place but I just couldnt keep my hands off it and fiddled with it once more and ..... snap.....the eyelet broke off....[:@]!! I had just bought this pole this spring!!!! Now my question here is what do you do when this happens to you??? Do you take it to someone who repairs fishing poles or do you go to " Wally World" (aka wal-mart) and buy a repair kit and do it yourself??

Outlaw
Old 07-30-2003, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: fiddled too much....

Go ahead and fix it yourself. Should only take about 5 minutes. Cut old end off cleanly, and glue new one on with two part epoxy.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:20 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-30-2003, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Fix it yourself. If it is wrapped wth string, just cut it off. Most likely it is just glued on. In this case heat it with a lighter or use the burner on your stove. Take a pair of pliers and get the old eye off. Glue a new one on and your in business.

justhrowit
Old 07-30-2003, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

See... what yer ma,granda said about fiddleing with things too much - something like youd go blind? or lose a eye?

epoxy yep should work fine have repiared a few too.

have a short old cork handle& steel rod pole( not hollow) (60yrs old or so?)..still havent broken that one yet lol