Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Buffdmac/ Matt is on board Real Good Day..

Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Do you ever use, or is it possible to use, say 14lb mono for flipping? Also, in clearwater, would a brown or black jig with trailer be better? I hope you are out tearing them up today!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

I like braid because it has no memory{ Swirls in the line}

Very windy..today but we managed a couple nice ones..

Matt's 5.0

My 5 1/4

These were caught on 7 inch lizards..Christmas Tree Color

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-06-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Man oh man! I am about to go crazy with the rain up here! All I have done is watch fishing on tv and read about it on here over the weekend! It seems you have knocked em dead every time you have gone out! I am going to start a new thread with some useful questions for everybody. I am sure you would know a lot of them!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya'll are on good deal buds

we wen't wed and thur last week, catching 12-15 on wed half day trip and thur we fished all day and caught close to 20, lots of fish just no size, biggest may have been close to 4#, and the bulk of then being 1.5-2 #'s, big fish should be showing up any day now though...we fished from 12' to 6" of water, our best depth wed was 4-6' and thur we had to fish a little deeper cathing most at the 10' mark.....and the wind has been un-real
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Dominant Buck

The wind has been a trip...thanks for rejoicing with me my friend..hope ya get a wall hanger this year,
C7
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 AM
NEK
Fork Horn

Default jigs

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
I like using crawfish jigs when jigging and they sure do hit differently. The problem I have had is the jig heads they sell up here keeps straightening out on me. I will try and get some decent jig head hooks and make my own if I can find some. I have a mold to make them with. I am think of making a few with those red and white feathers like on a streamer as well. I think the action of them will help draw in a few..
Phil, Have you tried ordering your jigs from Northern Bass Supply over in New Hampshire? I've been using their jigs for years and never had a hook straighten out. These people sell to the tournament fishermen all over New England, and it's top notch stuff. They have a web site, or you can order a catalog. I don't work for these people and I am not a tournament fisherman but I have been a satisfied customer for close to 20 yrs.
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

"we wen't wed and thur last week, catching 12-15 on wed half day trip and thur we fished all day and caught close to 20, lots of fish just no size, biggest may have been close to 4#, and the bulk of then being 1.5-2 #'s, big fish should be showing up any day now though...we fished from 12' to 6" of water, our best depth wed was 4-6' and thur we had to fish a little deeper cathing most at the 10' mark.....and the wind has been un-real" Mthands

That's alot of fish...and a 4 pounder is a nice one..By the looks of the bellies..they are spawning here..I have all next week off ..God willing I'll be fishing my butt off. I won't be at that lake as it takes to strong guys to get the boat down and up the stoney hill...and Matt has to work.. I may take one trip to Lake Jackson...and 2 trips to other tenoroc pits I can handle myself..and try Saddle Creek out as well..all pitching or flipping..spinner baiting first 30 minutes of dawn..

FULL Moon is in 2 Sat..so next week should be HOT at least down here..should be the best week of the year down here in central florda.

Last edited by Chuck7; 03-07-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Where did you fish MT hands? Guntersville?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mrl0004
Where did you fish MT hands? Guntersville?
yes, guntersville....more later when time permits