Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I know its the wrong forum but...

Old 12-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I know its the wrong forum but...

I know it's in the wrong discussion forum, but I don't really do much conversing with people on the other sections of this site, so I wanted to show ya'll my new toy. I have started shooting a lot more lately, and my dream pistol has always been a 1911, so I decided to pick up a Springfield 1911 Loaded a month or so ago and have really been falling in love with it. I decided to try and make a decent photograph of it with my other tactical pistol to see how it would come out.

Anyways, this is how the pic of my tacticals turned out.

The 1911 originally came with checker cut double diamond wood panels, but I swapped them out with these because my hands are so large I need a palm swell. The 1911 now has its third set of grips on (which arent in this photo) which is actually a wrap around that covers the front strap. The trigger took a little bit of getting used to after being so comfortable with revolver and polymer pistol style triggers, but now that I am comfortable with it I am really enjoying it.

Like I said, I know this doesnt belong in this forum, but you guys are the only ones I really converse with, and so I wanted to show ya'll my new favorite toy.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Super nice..Aaron..did you see the picture of the buck I killed last Sat. It's on the Religious forum..

I like your toys..{ -;
Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pistols( good pict to) Nothing wrong with those at all or posting them here( but just imopinions anyways)

( i could be mistaken( it happens a bit) but i think ya can shoot fishs some places( like Vt?- so it could be fishing*& fishing gear related?

Know what ya mean i dont visit a lot of diffent forums anymore myself.

Not saying anyone should( or not)- but thought it might be legal there-( dont know about caliber, type restrictions involed) dont know if it still is..( bet CI would know)

Fish Shooting, Vermont's Quirky Rite of Spring, Is Endangered

By Tom Moroney - May 3, 2006 00:18 EDT

May 3 (Bloomberg) -- For Mike Vanslette, the arrival of spring is heralded by the crack of his rifle firing into Vermont's Lake Champlain. If his aim is true, he'll stun a couple of amorous fish, then jump into the water and grab them.
Vermont is the only state where the shooting of game fish is legal. Now, the sport is an endangered species. Years of pitched battles in the Legislature have worn down all but the diehards, and there has been an influx of new Vermonters opposed to what they say is a savagely dangerous practice.

Vanslette, 59, a retired contractor, is one of an estimated 200 people who troll the banks of the lake once the ice melts, looking for fish to knock out with a concussive blast. All he needs are ``just my hip boots, rifle and shells in my pocket.''
``These people come from other places, and they want to make all these changes, they can't comprehend why we do this,'' said Dave Gardner, 49, a union pipefitter in South Hero, a town of 1,653 just below the Canadian border. ``My grandfather, my father and my uncles -- they all taught me to shoot fish. It's our history.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...NUNBM&refer=us

Last edited by Knightia; 12-09-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Super nice..Aaron..did you see the picture of the buck I killed last Sat. It's on the Religious forum..

I like your toys..{ -;
I didnt see it Chuck, I will go check it out. Regardless, CONGRATS!!!! I knowyou put a lot of time and effort into it and Im really glad to hear that it paid off for you, thats AWESOME!

Now the best part....you can get an early jump on your pre-spawn fishing because you are gonna need it for the spring tourney this year, hehe. I have a feeling that I might be inching up on 10-11 lbs this year and I am gonna start fishing the prespawn about 1.5 months earlier than I did last year, so be ready!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knightia

that would be some fun fishing, but I would wind up shooting a hole in the boat somehow and spend the rest of the day fishing my tackle out of the bottom of the lake, haha.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Aaron,
There's a huge chance I won't be doing another tourney..your welcome to ..but I think I'll stay out this year..NOW ..a little game between you and me..yeah....we can discuss that over aPM [ -; should be fun..I'm your Huckleberry

Reasons why I don't plan to have a tourney or be involved..

A. Every year..2 or 3 folks try and post a fish caught before the date of the tourney..or guesstimate a fish's weight. I hate dealing with that. It's been every year. I don't see why a tourney that has no money riding on it ..invites this type of behavior.

When is Texas's normal spawn ?

Last edited by Chuck7; 12-09-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our spawn generally occurs in march but can start in february if the weather is unusually warm or the winter is mild.

Our prespawn generally occurs in february but the pattern can occur as early as late january if the winter is mild or we have prolonged warm spells.

Last year, I didnt start fishing the bass hard until the very end of march and early april, and by then the bass where already in full spawning patterns being caught within 5-10 feet of the bank in 3-5 feet of water.

I checked the religious forum and saw your post, but the photo had a red x on it so I couldnt see it, but that might be because I am trying to view it from work. Will check on it again tonight. Congrats again on your deer, I know you have been working hard for it!
Old 12-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Average Temperature and Average High for Houston, Texas

January 51.75 62.3
February 55.4 66.5
March 62.3 73.3

As you can see the average temperature in march along with teh average high is more than sufficient to kick in the spawn, and the prespawn generally occurs in february. But, if the weather is warm enough, the spawn can start in late february.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Dominant Buck

your spawn is just like ours in FL...

I'll keep ya posted,

your Huckleberry