Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

northerns

Old 07-16-2003, 09:02 PM

Default northerns

who all fishes for northerns here? what do you guys catch them off?
in the fall and winter i usualy use a jig with a 4-7 inch chub but during the summer i usually use daredevils and other lures
i have a small river bymy house that has lots of northerns in and im the only one who knows it so their all mine lol
i caught a 7.5 lber in there ice fishing this winter barely got it out of a 6 inch hole
Old 07-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Banned

Default RE: northerns

I fish Northerns when we go to canada every year. We mostly fish for walleye but when we get in the northern areas of the lakes we fish for them. We only go in the spring. We catch them on Williams Wablers and Daredevils. seems to work good for us. My cousin caught one this year that was 31 inches long, but we have caught them in the 40' s before.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

We fish for both Northerns and Walleye' s. My dad, this past May, caught a 37 inch, 19 lb fish in a canal nearby. he caught it on some lure (cant remember the name), that i never knew existed till he caught it. It was a massive fish!
Old 07-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

BOW AND ARROW HERE IN THE NORTH.
Old 07-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

I love fishing Northerns. I fish once a year in Upper Manitoba, and look forward to it every year. You can never get sick of it. Here is a pic of my biggest.

47" legth. 22" around. 30 lbs and some change

I caught her fishing deep weed beds with a johnson silver minnow(the best)

Old 07-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Wow! Real nice pike. My Dad and I have been going to a lodge in Ontario for 6 years. My Dad has caught 2 of the largest pike between the 2 of us. But i' ve caught the biggest walleye, 9lbs! One pike was 42" and one 40" . Don' t know the weights, didn' t have a scale but both fish were measured and released to fight another day. Both were caught on a gold williams wabler. My Dad hardly ever takes that lure off his line. I don' t blame him! I have yet to catch one over 37" . Not bad but my goal is one over 40" . Maybe this year. We' re heading up Sept.20th thru Oct.4th, can' t wait
Old 08-07-2003, 09:32 PM

hey MDmaniac its me lang from hunters realm lol didnt know anyone else was here from HRF

so far the bigger i got from the little river by my place is a 7.5 lb 32 incher i got it ice fishing i will put a picture up later