Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Sunday Morning Fishing

Old 11-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sunday Morning Fishing

My son Caden, my mother-in-law, and I went fishing during the sunrise this past Sunday morning for about 30-45 minutes. The fishing was great! We caught a lot of good size bass, and my son reeled them all in for us while also hooking up with one of his own. We kept three of the fish and let the others go. If i keep a few for the fish fry, I will generally keep the fish with the largest mouths and skinniest bodies.

The fish were caught off of Berkley 10" Power Worms, Bass Assasin 10" worms (Thanks Chuck7), ZOOM 10" Ol' Monsters, and a Yellow Magic top water popper. The biggest came off of the Yellow Magic popper, and my son hooked up with his first bass over 1.5lbs with the Bass Assasin worm.

It was definitely a fun morning of fishing, so try to get out and go if you can, it's the perfect time for some bigguns.

Last edited by Gangly; 11-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

The smile says it all..Thanks for sharing

Matt and I are going after specks Sat.
Great picture..your son is very fortunate to have such a great dad
Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the specks, Chuck.

Has the deer season been good to you this year?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Dominant Buck

My left knee is messed up real bad.I had an MRI last night...so my hunts have been limited..I've seen one deer..quick story

I scouted a new area 90 niles away on public property. I had my nice new Hoyt bow with me and was in an island of thick stuff between 2 fields..I thought I heard a tiny bird ..{ Which is usally a deer which snuck in on me} I turned slowly..there she was..and the heart starts pumping. STUPID ME!!! I could have turned to my side and with my 32" bow made the easy 10 yd shot..but instead I try standing up..end of story.

But our firearm season goes from Nov. 13th till Jan 9th so there is still time.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
My son Caden, my mother-in-law, and I went fishing during the sunrise this past Sunday morning for about 30-45 minutes. The fishing was great! We caught a lot of good size bass, and my son reeled them all in for us while also hooking up with one of his own. We kept three of the fish and let the others go. If i keep a few for the fish fry, I will generally keep the fish with the largest mouths and skinniest bodies.

The fish were caught off of Berkley 10" Power Worms, Bass Assasin 10" worms (Thanks Chuck7), ZOOM 10" Ol' Monsters, and a Yellow Magic top water popper. The biggest came off of the Yellow Magic popper, and my son hooked up with his first bass over 1.5lbs with the Bass Assasin worm.

It was definitely a fun morning of fishing, so try to get out and go if you can, it's the perfect time for some bigguns.

Congrats on the nice morning.

Why is this, just out of curiousity?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont have any science to back it up, but from what I have read, the bigger the mouth, the older the bass. So if I have an older fish with a skinny body, I feel as though he doesnt have the potential, whether its genetics, or the aggressive feeding habbits to grow as large as a younger fish (smaller mouth) that shows better potential for growing large. Either way, in my mind I would rather throw back a younger bass that exhibits the genetics, or feeding habits, of a future potentially large bass, and keep/cull the bass that have shown that they don't exhibit those characteristics. Also, I will only take bass from large bodies of water that I feel have good populations of bass. However, I doubt it really does much good, at my going rate I may take a total of 20-30 bass a year for consumption, and thats for all the waters I fish combined.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
My left knee is messed up real bad.I had an MRI last night...so my hunts have been limited..I've seen one deer..quick story

I scouted a new area 90 niles away on public property. I had my nice new Hoyt bow with me and was in an island of thick stuff between 2 fields..I thought I heard a tiny bird ..{ Which is usally a deer which snuck in on me} I turned slowly..there she was..and the heart starts pumping. STUPID ME!!! I could have turned to my side and with my 32" bow made the easy 10 yd shot..but instead I try standing up..end of story.

But our firearm season goes from Nov. 13th till Jan 9th so there is still time.

Man, I hope your knee heals up well, sucks that it had to happen in the middle of hunting season. Hopefully that deer comes back around during open rifle season and you get another shot at her. Have they started rutting where your at? They havent started here yet, but the buck groups have broken apart and the bucks are starting trail the does from a distnce.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Aaron..I got a call from the hospital..They saidit's a torn ligament....I di dit playing tennis with my son..He has a nasty slice { It;s where the ball stops in mid air and spins backwards} I tried reacting to the ball and the sudden shock went to the ole knee

IN Florida during firearm season on public property it's buck only..I have va ton of money tied up in hunting stuff so I hope I can go..presently I'm simplu giving thanks for HE knows best..If I don't hunt I'll fi;ll the freezer with fish ..

Appreciate your concern young man { -;

Taks lots of pictures of your family Aaron..We all love looking back at those pics..Videos are even better.

God bless,
C7
Old 11-04-2010, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Video

I've been wanting to video some of the trips lately, but I always forget to bring the video camera. I am going to head out on lunch today and see what I can get, so I'll take the video camera with me today.

Its a bluebird day after 3 days of rain so the fishing will prolly be pretty tough. Its a little cooler (high 50's low 60's this morning) so maybe that will keep them a little bit active during the middle of the day. I'm going to try out a new spinner bait from Northstar baits, slap on a Live Magic Shad trailer and see if I can get a few spinner bait bites. If that fails, I will go back to the worm, a black Bass Assasin with a chart. tail, and try to atleast get one bite.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
Hey Aaron..I got a call from the hospital..They saidit's a torn ligament....I di dit playing tennis with my son..He has a nasty slice { It;s where the ball stops in mid air and spins backwards} I tried reacting to the ball and the sudden shock went to the ole knee

IN Florida during firearm season on public property it's buck only..I have va ton of money tied up in hunting stuff so I hope I can go..presently I'm simplu giving thanks for HE knows best..If I don't hunt I'll fi;ll the freezer with fish ..

Appreciate your concern young man { -;

Taks lots of pictures of your family Aaron..We all love looking back at those pics..Videos are even better.

God bless,
C7
yeah, tennis is very hard on the knees. backspin is hard to account for because you never know for sure what it will do unless you can see the rotation of the ball well before it hits the courts surface. Its not so much an issue on clay, but regular courts allow spin to REALLY grip the surface and make the tennis balls either JUMP in all directions, or fall flat as a rock. Be careful Chuck, as you are now witness too, though tennis is one of the best sports for a cardio workout, its one of the hardest sports there is on the knees and ankles. Hope the ligament heals up soon and you can get back out on the courts, in a boat, or up a tree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.