Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Buffdmac strikes out ..and time is running out.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Buffdmac strikes out ..and time is running out.

Well folks,
Matt didn't want to fish Saddle Creek today but instead a favorite pit of his.There are no fish on the video..there should of been 2 in which I caught on a rubber worm but somehow that portion of the video was deleted..they were both caught on a 7 1/2 inch Christmas Tree worm.and about 1 1/2 ppounds each.So here is a little video of Matt and I trying to hook up .Matt did have 2 boil ups on a Horny Toad later in the day..but he tried to set the hook to early IMHO [ -;
PS..the day was cut short as a storm came in on us..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhwDzPsp124

[ -; if he doesn't back out we have a trip to Saddle Creek planned for tomorrow morning for 2 1/2 hours to hit my 7 honey holes..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-21-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry for the storm moving in and the luck you both have had. Perhaps tommorrow will be better for you both. I hit them hard on Wens. and they wre not hiotting very well up here. I am not sure if I will get the chance to try them again or not before the tourney is over however. Good Luck to the both of you tommorrow.

BTW it is a pretty god video of Matt trying his luck. Perhaps some time you can get a video up of casting a baitcaster for this big dummy up here to get some tips on.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

LO I made one for ya a few months ago but you didn't see it..[ -;
I post it again..
Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

atleast you all caught two fish, thats more than I seem to be able to catch on an outing lately. I think I might try to hit up one of my spots early tomorrow morning with a black buzzbait that I have never tried. hope you both have some good luck tomorrow at saddle creek. One honey hole is nice, but 7, jee whiz, I wouldn't know where to start, haha
Old 08-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Well,,I was all ready to go about 5 minutes ago..6:05 AM..when I noticed it was raining..I'll check the local radar and see what's happeing...wait right here { -;

Looks weird..I see big stuff all around me ,,,not supposed to get here till 11:00 AM. I was only going to fish for 3 hours..I may do it. Matt can't go. his girlfriend's father had a stroke..been up all night.

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-22-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you get a chance to get you both out there Chuck..

Gangly, the guy that was fishing with me the other day caught a couple of largemouths popping a Hoola-Popper just out in fron the lilly pads. They were not that big except one that broke his line. We are thinking but do not know that maybe that one was perhaps a chain pickeral. We were thinking the teeth on it cut the line but not sure what it was. All he did was set the hook and wham he ended up without the Hoola Popper. You might want to try one just in case.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Raining pretty good now..I don't want to get sick for tomorrow's first day of school..I just put the rods up..Were going to Walmart..just finished an excellent Bible study..so we are ready for a great day. Later at 3:00 Matt and I are visiting Aaron in jail..this should be his last Sunday in jail He supposed to be getting out the 28th.

You folks have a great day. Phil..if you can keep the lead on the smallmouth.I have a token for ya..gangly..if you can tqke the lead on Largemouth..I'll have one for you as well..These 3 days Sun. Mon. and Tues are your best opportunities..so get out there and get one. You should catch about 10 fish on each of these 3 days..hopefully no one else will read this post.

Phil..get some fresh batteries brother..

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-22-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Chuck7

Phil..get some fresh batteries brother..
No need for new batteries my friend my camera is now dead. Just to many baths for it to handle.. LOL I have to use the wifes now until I get a new one.. LOL I also need to remind my self to check it for batteries in case she has them charging..