Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Lake Fork September 25

Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lake Fork September 25

Its a done deal!

I put my deposit down for a Lake Fork excursion on September 25th. I know its a month+ away, but Im hoping that by that time the fish will start schooling on the shad, or start coming in shallower during the cooler evenings, but I could be way off. Anyways, I'm set to hit Lake Fork at the end of September, and I'm stoked!!! I wont be entering any bass that I catch there in the competition though. Because its guided, and the guide is telling me what, when, where, why, and how to do it, I don't feel as though it is fair because im not doing anything but setting a hook when needed. Kinda like entering a "big buck" contest with other hunters, then going into a fenced property and shooting a 200 class deer. Just wouldnt be right.

I was just looking up some stats online, and check this out:

The Toyota Share Lunker program in Texas had its 500th bass (over 13 lbs) submitted in April of this year.

There are 61 public reservoirs on the ShareLunker list, 33 with more than one entry, and only seven with 10 or more entries. Of the 500 bass above 13 lbs entered into the Share Lunker program, 264 of them were caught on Lake Fork.

Over 50 percent of the Share Lunker bass come from this lake which is only one of the 61 waters listed.

O.H. Ivie has 16 total, 11 in one season. Except for Lake Fork in its heyday, 11 ShareLunkers is the most from one lake in a season. Fork produced more than 11 ShareLunkers in one season six times, including a record 23 in 1995.

Anyways, I'm really excited, hopefully i get on some good sized fish and catch a few 3-5's. Not looking for a personal best, but if it happens, then YEEEEHAW!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Not on,y that..but the tournament is over Aug. 31st.{ -;

I looked up an old friend of mine who took a turn toward the dark road years ago..He was a bouncer in a rough bar for years...He introduced me to Florida hunting..He's now at the bottom of his rope..I offered a fishing trip to him today and he was tickled..I went to my 7 best spots and we boated 8..The limit is 6..since he's poor he took 6 home to fry up..This is Roger [ -;..please forgive the poor video ..Roger has had no experiecne with this type of technology..and hasn't fished a rubber worm in years..he fishes live bait only.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFgjTKaa0dw

Last edited by Chuck7; 08-09-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah Gangly had me a little worried hiring a guide and all that. But, September is nothing to worry about.. LOL

Also that is a nice deed you did for your friend there C7! The video was ok too, my friend..
Old 08-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

thanks Phil {-; ..yeah Gangly had me concerned too..Lake Fork is serious business..I hope he gets a 10 plus..after Aug. 31st
Old 08-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I also went fishing down behind the power dam for a little while this afternoon and caught all kinds of small smallmouths. A guy in a van came along with about 7 kids with him. I kinda had the youngest one standing beside me asking all kinds of questions. I told him he had to put his worm on different and showed him how. He soon caught a little bass too. He was prolly around 6 or 7 years old. So when ever I caught another bass I would let him real it in for me. It wasn't long and he told me his hands were getting tired.. LOL.. He had a blast and I have no idea who any of them were. After a while I left and let them all fish and enjoy thier day out. The guy that took them out thanked me for helping the little guy out.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

That's great Phil..it's good to be able to use our talents to help others..I was concerned about Roger..he weighs 330 pounds..but the Polarkraft jon boat was steady and still way above the water line..I was very concerned about that..until I saw it working..
Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, I didn't realize there were only approximately 20 days left for the tournament. I'm going to have to do some serious fishing here in the next two weeks if at all possible. With school out, I might have a chance, but jeez, the bar is set pretty high right now, lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

yes sir..this week is about it for me..teachers go back to work next week..

and the following two Saturdays.