Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

7 more with some better size..

Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM
Typical Buck

what lakes do you fish chuck? i mean i know florida is a fishermans heaven but just curious
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I mostly fish 2 areas..
#1 Some old phosphate mnes that has been made into a park.Saddle Creek Park

#2 Some old phosphate mines that has been turned into a management area..
tenoroc Management Area

Below is a bird's eye view of the 750 acre pacrk.Saddle Creek Park .the islands are where the front in loaders have dug for phospate..the pits run from 1' to 35' deep
Species are largemouth bass, black crappie, gar, bluegill, red earred sunfish , red breasted sunfish , green sunfish, bowfish, grass carp , tilapia, brown bullhead , yellow bullhead, bluecats, channel cats, armoured catfish , tilapia, shad, and warmouth bass. The right side is difficult for normal sized bass boats..so that's the side I fish..the east side..I fish the top right.down to the 2 little yellow marks underneath the red arrow. I have about 7 hot spots.

Here's one of those spots worth trying..caught my 5 1/2 back here..this year.

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am making a trip out to Florida in December with family, gonna spend some time at Disney. With pictures like that bottom one, I might have to beg, plead, pray my way onto your boat for a day for a few hours of fishing. ;P
Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Dominant Buck

No begging required..you are more than welcome..However..Disney actually has some of the best fising around..you need to check that out..it does cost..my neighbor fishes at Disney.

..Does your vehickle have a 1 7/8 th hitch on it? I'll mostly likely be hunting in Dec.....I would certainly cancel a weekend hunt to meet up with you.

Dec. in Florida stinks for bass...but crappie fishing is on.We ate a mess of crappie last night.They were the best I ever fixed ..for real..

Do you have a date in Dec. in mind.?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

We will be flying in and staying on disney resort, so we wont have a vehicle. I talked to my wife yesterday evening, and from what I can tell my wife has our activities planned so tight that I actually wont have any time to fish at all, even at disney, so its kinda outta the question for me. Otherwise, I would make my way down there somehow. Thanks for the offer Chuck.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

That's too darn bad....I could meet ya at Bass Pro..that's in Orlando. I haven't taken my yearly trip yet ...I'm only 40 minutes away..I wished we could work something out.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chuck7
OK ..according to the depth finder there were 3 nice sized?? who knows right??by the tree over there.[ -; ..It's 5:45AM still dark I zip over there as fast as I can..make a cast at the submerged tree...big tap..pulling sideways..fish on..and #1 bass 20 inches 3 1/2 pounds boated..and released.fish is the first bass pic below..

Then..a man I promiced to take fishing a month ago shows up in his truck..he can barely walk..bad knee..He'd be begging me to take him out..I drive back to where I put in at..and help the 63 year old stranger to the back seat..he's wobbly and shaking all over..I'm wondering if this is a good idea..with my 10 foot jon..

I now head across to my spots..the first 2 spots we struck out..The 3rd spot got me my 2nd bass a small 12 incher..
The stranger { Charlie} is so week and physically disabled..he couldn't set the hook if his life depended on it..he missed 3 .

Now we hit my 4th spot a sandbar infested with hydrilla weed. I catch numbers 3, 4, 5 , and 6 right here, Charlie can not get a fish....He doesn't set the hook AND is beginning to run his mouth alot..my patience wore out and then I nicely..told him to shut up and fish..He got the message and calmed down.

As we hid off the sand bar I make one more cast..tap tap Set..GOOD FISH..and #7 just under the 4 pound mark..bottom picture..I had 3 more taps but came up short..My bait was the rest of my black culprets...then I found 3 Christmas Tree gambler worms. I'm using up my reserve before I buy more.

This first fish was in the dark 3 1/2 pounds 20 inches..I wanted to see if the camera works in the dark..it does..LOL

This one was just under 4 pounds..

where did you get the model to hold that fish ...get your money back!!!! hehe

my gurls go nuts on the 1lbers, i am happy cause they gotta throw em back..if not i'd have my hands full cleanin fish all day.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Gangly..I sure wished we could work something out..but if your going to be inside Disney..I can't get to ya...BUT I would certainly come up with 150.00 and go bass fishing.BRING YOUR CAMERA,,you will catch a lot of good quality fish..I'd do it friend..it's a once in a life time..My neighbor goes..it's every cast..and decent bass.

If your outside of Disney..I can meet ya..I'm just down the road..if it's ok with your wife..She comes first.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ill check with her, but we are going with her family and they are paying for everything, so I'm not sure how that will work out. I don't want to take a chance on them thinking I am ungrateful by not staying around with them since they are paying for everything. I will try to swing something though if I can.

I was looking a few months ago at the distances from Orlando to where you are located in hopes that I might could meet up with you to do some fishing while out there for a business seminar, but that didn't pan out. The seminar happens every year in August, but we didn't book for this year so it never came to fruition. Maybe next year
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Ill check with her, but we are going with her family and they are paying for everything, so I'm not sure how that will work out. Your exactly right..have a great time..The invite is ALWAYS open..if I stay on HNI or not..you have my email address..I'm an easy 40 minutes away from Disney..easy drive...3 lane highway at 70 MPH..there are three exits for Lakeland ,Florida..

I don't want to take a chance on them thinking I am ungrateful by not staying around with them since they are paying for everything.Amen..I totally understand... I will try to swing something though if I can. Don't sweat it.man.have fun with your family..all we'ld need is to get you back late with a flat tire or something..not worth it man..too hot anyways..our best fishin is in the spring..Matt and I are going out tomorrow..to see if we can get him at least 2 pounds on the tourny { -;

I was looking a few months ago at the distances from Orlando to where you are located in hopes that I might could meet up with you to do some fishing while out there for a business seminar, but that didn't pan out. The seminar happens every year in August, but we didn't book for this year so it never came to fruition. Maybe next year

Anytime partner..you are always welcome...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.