Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

fishing for bass at night

Old 07-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default fishing for bass at night

I am going to take my first night fishing trip Thursday night.I am going to an area that I know very well on Weiss Lake.I am going to throw a black spinnerbait and a buzzbait.I am also going to throw a 7 inch black worm on a carolina rig on some points.I'm going to post some pics on Monday.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck, hopefully you'll be able to post a lot of pictures!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is a good article on night fishing in this months or last months BASS Masters mazaine. Might want to jump that 7" worm up to a 10 for more water displacement. Let us know how it went.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was looking for your report on how things went. I fish white perch at night and sometimes land a few decent bass as well. I also used to fish for stripers at night and use the same practice. I like to hang a Coleman Lantern with tinfoil covering the side facing me so as to cast more light out on the water. This appears to work quite well for me.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

After the 4th I do quite a bit of bass fishing at night...I have narrowed it down to one lure over the past 15 years...

I use a 10 inch Culprit redshad worm with a brass weight and a glass bead rigged Texas style...I also use garlic Bang every 5-6 cast and concentrate on piers and grass beds near deep water...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Fishing at night is scary in Florida..during the day you will 3 or 4 huge gators sunnying themselves and a dozen young ones,,they are fine.

honestly..you go back at dark..and there are loads of red eyes all over the place and they come real close to the boat to check you out..I'm good till about 9:00 PM then..I'm gone...
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

I'm a Midwesterner, so the idea of fishing at night down south in gator country is scary for me. Good luck to you, though. Keep us updated!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't catch anything but I don't know why? I was fishing flooded timber with a spinnerbait and a 10 inch culprit worm.I am going this weekend in the deep water though with the same techniqes.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fishinty
I didn't catch anything but I don't know why? I was fishing flooded timber with a spinnerbait and a 10 inch culprit worm.I am going this weekend in the deep water though with the same techniqes.

You fished the night and didn't even try topwater?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

ive been wanting to try this. i was thinking about picking up one of those rebel plugs with a prop on the back thought that would work. also a spro frog might work just make alot of racket mabey put a jig rattle on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.