Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Boated 9 today..

Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Boated 9 today..

3 days before the New Moon..

Lure of the day./Red Eyed Strike King Chartruese 2 gold willow leaves...#3 and #3 1/2

The best fish was a 3 1/2 pounder as can be seen in the video..The fish was number 9 for the day.I had a wonderful time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_WjCpT588
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats Chuck, will have to wait till i get home to watch the video.

If you caught 9 today, this weekend should be stellar for you, hope the luck stays with you.

Still raining here
Old 07-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

"If you caught 9 today" Aaron Gangly
Hey Gangly ..what do you mean "If you caught 9 today.".LOL no doubt about it..I missed about 6 more ..had 2 silly worm bites that swam right to the boat on hook sets..couldn'
t get enough leverage on them..one spinnerbait I set the hook so good I pulled the bass in the boat..off the lure and she jumped back in the lake..

I found a honey hole today my friend...I had my setting on BIG bass only...I heard no alarm until I tried my last spot ..and oh my goodness I found a hog pen..fish alarm was going off like crazy at least 5 BIG bass showed up ...in 4 foot of water..tomorrow this will be spot number one..

Last edited by Chuck7; 07-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha, no ill intentions meant, I should have said "since" instead of "if". I believe you when you say 9, I've never had a reason to doubt you Chuck . I simply meant that since you caught nine today, this weekend should be great, slip up on words, hehe.

big bass in 4 feet of water in mid summer, thats a treat for sure...was there good cover nearby, or do you think they were on the hunt and moving? What kind of structure, landmarks, or vegetation do you think drew them to that place?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

FUnny you should ask if the fish were hunting..I'm 56 and been fishing since I was 6..and learned something today from an elderly man who answered that question..
Here's our conversation...

Tom { A shore fisherman ..and real good one[ -;} Chuck, you back at your honey hole today..I aint seen ya all morning.

C7..Tom..been a very slow day.

Tom..your telling me..I got one 2 pounder ..how bout you/

C7 ..boated 4 dinks this morning and lost a good one on a red shad worm..Yesterday I found a ton of fish in 4 foot water..many showed huge on my depthfinders..

Tom...they were hunting for baitfish Chuck..

C7..most likely..went back today and only saw dinks on there..

Very slow day today..I'm surprized..I covered a ton of water..
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like you had a great day out on the first one. I am thinking they are nearby and chasing those bait fish up and down the shoreline. Good Luck to you.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks Phil...I'm going out there in 1 hour. with a bigger lure ..