Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Decent 5th

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Decent 5th

Fished from 1pm-3pm yesterday and caught 4. 3 on a jig, and 1 on a spinner bait. I missed one on a spinner bait, but it was the most interesting thing. I was sitting on a small bluff about 5-6 feet above the waters edge, and casting out. I could see my spinner bait coming through the top foot of water, and I see a bass come out of nowhere, strike it, move it about a foot, then spit it out. It happened so fast that when I set the hook, it was already out of his mouth. What was interesting about it though, was that I never felt a thing through my rod. Not a twitch, bump, or anything. If I hadn't seen him hit it, I never would have known a strike occurred to begin with. He hit the lure while going sideways and slightly towards me, which is why I don't think I felt anything. It was neat seeing how fast they can hit and spit a lure, very impressive to say the least.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have seen this stuff happen quite commonly up here. Brook Trout, White Perch, Bass, (both small and largemouths) Chain Pickeral are famous for it. Grabbing the bait or lure and swiming straight at you, feels like a small log on your line until they start fighting. I guess it is because they live in the water and attack their prey in a number of ways.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Dominant Buck

The week will only get better..we are approaching Sat's new moon. Wed. - Fri. should be HOT
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope so, I will get about an hour on thursday during lunch to fish. Would be nice to have a few lunkers come out to play.

However, we are supposed to have rain starting tomorrow and all the way through the weekend
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

We have had nothing but rain except this morning was supposed to be clear ALL morning..instead..this is the day my son Aaron gets out of jail..at 8:15 AM..

I drive there with my wife..his time was pushed up until 1:00 PM..] -;..oh well ..went home to do some painting..

1:00 PM..the new judge doesn't show up..so he's still in jail waiting for a new appointed time..disappointed ?? yep..feeling rather sick right now but GOd knows what he's doing..so Lord help me not to complain against you..

both batteries are charged...and I'm trying to get charged mentally..[ -; I hope I can get 4 hours in tomorrow..we will see..
God bless Aaron..hope ya get Bertha's fat grandmother..