Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

My new depth finder video taped..

Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sorry to say it but the fish ID is no longer working..I'm saying all this because I don't want to mislead anyone into buying one of these and to be disappointed..

Negatives...Fish ID is not working anymore..I may see 1 fish per hour..that's not normal..LOL the unit is only 2 1/2 months old...I'm not sending it back to Cabelas..to much hassel.

Positive..It's still reading temps..depths and structure..

I know the fish ID is somewhat flawed anyways as it's only showing air pockets..BUT it has gotten my attention before and I have caught fish paying attention to it. One thing for certain..I noticed anywhere there is structure..there is fish..Surprisingly enough...the battery life has been good.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard where the fish id's are pretty problematic to begin with, and can seriously mislead an angler into thinking fish are present when they really aren't. However, they are correct often as well and so its just one of those things where you learn to differentiate between real and fake id's. However, I would think the most important aspect of a depth finder is to be able to tell you depth, structure location, and then water temp. Knowing those three things, you can find at least one fish generally.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree ..I checked with Hummingbird and they had trouble shooting notes that said..make sure the filter is off and the bottom is in inverse ,,{ NO BOLD BLACK}