Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Buzzbait with a clacker?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Buzzbait with a clacker?

I just bought my first buzzbait for some night fishing. Its a black BooYah Buzzbait but it has what appears to be a triangular "clacker" that ticks against the blade as the blade turns. do these "clackers" work, or should i take it off the buzzbait?

thanks for any and all information.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

This clacker just creates more noise so the bass can hear it you'll need it for night fishing another good bait for night fishing is a strike king midnight special or a white spinnerbait.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

try it out, reel it as slow as you can and still keep it up top, i have a bunch with them and a bunch W/O, have seen times where they like the additional ruckus, have also filed the front of the ferrel to create more noise, i have tied them to radio antenea and "run" them for a while, i like a buzzbait that squeals, i think the fish do also, if you get one that'll do it, you can actually hear it coming back to you...

only other advice, fishing a buzzbait @ night,,,,be sure and take your heart medicine, never know what you'll bring in
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

From what I have been reading, the squeal is the key ingrediant in the buzzbait world. I removed the ball bearing in the rear so that it sits directly on the rivet for increased squeal, per the instruction of a fellow who is a well known fisherman. Not sure when I will be able to give it a shot, but hopefully it will be pretty soon.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the squeal and the clacker! I hardly fish one without a clacker now, and I usualyy cant get the squeal to develop until I catch a few fish on one lol!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Never caught a fish on a buzzbait..and yes..I've tried them out before..{ -;
Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

your missing out then, something else you might like to know/ hear....if you miss one on a buzzbait, follow it up with a worm 7/10 times you'll catch that fish i guarantee it
Old 05-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

same applies with any topwater really. If I miss on teh Horny Toad, Ill throw a worm 2-3 feet past the missed strike, and many times i will get hit REAL fast.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by m.t.hands
your missing out then, something else you might like to know/ hear....if you miss one on a buzzbait, follow it up with a worm 7/10 times you'll catch that fish i guarantee it
True Story!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I agree almost all the time if you miss one on the buzzbait you can throw a jig or a worm and catch that fish.