Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

serious catfishing....

Old 05-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default serious catfishing....

i want to get into some real cats....these channels just arent going to cut it much longer.....i want some big guys....i know there out there...know what bait i need....know what rig to use.....i just need a rod and reel.....im thinking a big beefy uglystick and an abu garcia ambassador...what abu though? theres 100s...i want one that can take the big catfish....i want a baitclicker too....i am a bank fishermen so i may need to cast farther then you boat fishers so keep that in consideration too...also any other rod and reels i should look at? i will be driving in the end of september...maybe i can catch the fall feast...but i will still use it all summer messing with the biggest baddest channels i can find and maybe flatheads if i can find them where i am at....its hard because nobody is serious about catfishing and wont take me to catch bait then go fishing....and when im at say the boat docks while my family is boating i fish if i dont feel like going out....sometimes i can find bait but others i cant..but what do you suggest? my cats will be flatheads..id say upto 30lbs or so...state records only 43..i plan to smash it one day but my normal big guys will be about 30 id say or so....what do you guys think??