Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

I need to ask for your forgiveness.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default I need to ask for your forgiveness.

I'm very serious my friends here on freshwater..While in the Word this morning I'm seeing that I commit a gross sin on here alot and I am repenting of it and seriously asking all of your forgiveness..

First..let's look up a word..vanity...excessively proud of one's qualities and possessions.

Please forgive me of talking/ boasting so much about my expencive reels, accomplishments and other stuff..It is ungodly..and God has a way of taking the stuff away just as easily as He gave it to me..Especially in a time of recession when folks are having a hard time even paying their light bill..I truly am sorry .On the baitcaster thread I plan to delete all MY stuff I posted..I'm ashamed of myself..putting anything above God is idolatry..Please forgive me..I plan to keep in His Word FIRST every morning so this won't happen again.

Sincerely,
Chuck7
Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need to ask for your forgiveness.

Chuck old friend ,I don't know about you being vain .I have never thought so.There is a difference in vanity and being proud of your accomplishments and possions.It has been said "It's a poor old dog that can't wag his own tail"I don't feel that you owe me any kind of apoligy whatsoever.I am not here to judge anybody.We are all just witnesses, There is only one judge.You know who he is.I can't say what is in your heart or on your mind.All I can do is support you the best I can.Your brother in christ ................Alton
Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Chuck while i agree with everything swamp mentioned i'd add there is a fine balance between too much and not enough, (nobody wan'ts to be around a "bragger", but you also would tire from someone that never showed any emotion) in my opinion you have never crossed it, i rarely respond to post of "how many deer have you killed???", "how many guns do you own???", "how many rods???", mainly because i don't feel the need to keep score here with anyone, i have been blessed beyond measure, but i am a very content person, i don't have real exspensive taste, but i like quaility tools to do my job, i get something as a gift for a special occaision i'll share it with ya'll and hope everyone else would also,,,,

BTW, for fathers day i got a nice new blank for my rod that went MIA[:-][:@]
Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 AM
Dominant Buck

This morning was a blessing..My mother in law and her 2 sons always go to a diner during the early morning during the weekdays. I've never been.It was too hot this morning for fishing..although I'm thinking right now about doing a little bliegill fishing..Anyway..I went to the diner today to try the Sausage biscuit and gravy.It was awesome..BUT the best surprize was 4 fellows { elderly folks} that eat daily with them..They are devout Christians and we had wonderful fellowship..My brother in laws and mother in law are not professing Christians ..I was surprized that their 4 best friends were..It was a very pleasant morning..I got fed spiritually and physically..

Thanks for the thoughtful replies BUT in all honesty I know Chuck pretty good..He needs to chill out some..[8D]Pride cometh before a fall. and the irony of it all..I caught alot more big bass back in the 1980's on my 19.95 Diawa combo set...[:-]that's for real..
Old 06-22-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can only go by what you feel, and what you read in the red. If you heart is telling you that you are being vain, then do whatever it is that you need to do to get right with you and God.

However, like mentioned above, I read nothing vain about any of your posts. It's not shameful to buy nice things, it's not shameful to mention that you have nice things, its only shameful when you brag about your nice things and put those nice things ahead of God. God wants us to be succesful, God wants us to have nice things, and I think God likes to see us enjoy what he has given us. I don't see why God would give us something, and then not want to see us happy and giving thanks to him in front of people for what he has given us. Ibelieve that God rewards those that do him justice in their own lives.Blessings can be emotional, physical, or spiritual. To beblessed with something of monetary value does not make the reward any better or lesser than another blessing, and the praise should go to him for it. One way to praise is to give credit to God for what he has done, and to tell others about the blessings in your life, as long as you give the credit to the one who derserves it, God.

Again, I have seen nothing vain in your posts. What I will tell you though, is that you have been contributing to this website in a manner that would allow others to know you follow christ, and in a manner that people can see christ work through you, and thatsimportant.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Chuck its ok you i dont think you bragged i say get what you can afford it means nothing because you have nice things
Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buddy, just do what God tells you, but I dont think you have ever crossed the line with being boastful in the forums. Just as MT said, we choose to use quality stuff for the jobs we do, doesnt mean we are vain if we reccommend expensive stuff, just means we dont confide in or know enough about the cheaper things to reccomend or tell about.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Well...I appreciate the kind words and I never had alot of nice things before..I used to be poor so I know how that feels.

Here's another verse..
Luke 12:15And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

This is a very powerful statement..meaning that life has nothing to do with the things we have..and when they do become a big deal they become idols..When I was in Bible school a friend of mine had a painting buisness..He got a big job painting a mall and was rolling in the money..buying new automobiles etc..and told me that God wasn't blessing me..and that's why I was struggling...and that I needed to give more money to the church..Trust me...we were living from paycheck to paycheck..and fishing was for food.bass..catfish whatever...to survive.Soon , Terry wasn't getting anymore work and everything was repossessed...and the Word warns us.."If riches increase don't set your heart upon them for they can get wings as eagles and fly away."

Hey ..I don't want my money to fly away..so I figure I better mellow out ..chill out and thank God for the nice tackle but be sensitive toward others..I'm sure there are some on here without jobs..The Lord always deals with His gently..I just felt a check in my spirit this morning to ask for forgiveness and to not make a big deal over my stuff...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is a very powerful statement..meaning that life has nothing to do with the things we have..and when they do become a big deal they become idols..When I was in Bible school a friend of mine had a painting buisness..He got a big job painting a mall and was rolling in the money..buying new automobiles etc..and told me that God wasn't blessing me..and that's why I was struggling...and that I needed to give more money to the church..Trust me...we were living from paycheck to paycheck..and fishing was for food.bass..catfish whatever...to survive.Soon , Terry wasn't getting anymore work and everything was repossessed...and the Word warns us.."If riches increase don't set your heart upon them for they can get wings as eagles and fly away."
we are called on to be good stewards, living foolishly is a sure way to loose everything, if you don't take care of everything, and keep everything in perspective, there is a good chance you'll be without it

DEU 6:10-18

Old 06-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

You have not bother me none my friend.. I lost my job back on May 5th when the shut the mill down.. They are planning on starting it back up this week. I was fortunate enough to go back to work this morning. I am sure that I will be given nothing that I can not handle. By keep life simple and doing what is right towards my fellow man/woman I have little to worry about. I also feel that when out fishing and I do not catch anything, So What! As long as I had a nice day who really cares? After all catching a fish or two is only a bonus for a good day out there. When I was a young fellow my mother wouldn't let me go fishing at times. i can still remember taking some fishing line and hooks. I would tie them on an old alder bush to catch a few fish if I wanted to. I would get into trouble if I caught a few trout that way and bring them home. But the point is it never bothered me to make things do and if no one ever liked it so what? As long as I enjoyed it that was all that mattered. So I have no problem with not having the best of the best. That doesn't catch fish for me. It is what I learned from others as well as experience that taught me about fishing as well as hunting my friend..

Growing up I didn't have much ny friend. My mom raised six of us on her own and I learned to treat others with respect. To sum it up it is more like. Do unto others as you would like others do unto you...

Quick Reply: I need to ask for your forgiveness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.