Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Good lure for smaller bass?

Old 05-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good lure for smaller bass?

There is a pond nearby with some bass in it. The bass are kinda small, what do you think would work good for them now? The water has good visibilty, and is kinda weedy.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:01 PM

Default RE: Good lure for smaller bass?

A four inch tube bait or power grub are great for bass. Also if you want to get smaller a roadrunner or a beatle spin. I have caught three pounders and up on all of these baits. I have also caught bass on soft plastics that are bigger than they are. It all depends on how the fish are reacting. A four inch tube in watermelon green is a good place to start though. It can be fished at several different depths by adding or taking away weight, and it can be fished weedless. Hope that helps some.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:55 AM

i would try the blue fox vibrex bell they work great for bass and ive caught tons of fish on them in many conditions so good luck and if you try it let me know how it worked for ya
Old 05-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

how about a strikeking mini spinnerbait?? i kill them big and small on the small spinner baits...i had them in all colors and killed them..i gota restock my box...they were a killer on farm ponds and pressured lakes....
Old 05-05-2003, 07:41 AM

My favorite is a rapala gold minnow (size 5g). I use and ultra light rod and reel and usually catch bass 2 pd. or less. I also catch big bream with it. Cast it out and let it settle on top then twitch it about 6 or 8 inches and let it settle again.
Old 05-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like a Mepps NO. 2 furry for small bass. Rubber worms work well too.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:02 AM

Use light line. Go when it is low visibility. Wear camo. Cast a live crickett or grasshopper on a small hook with no weight so it will float. You will catch all the small bass in the pond.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:47 AM

As for lures I would say that 4" plastic worms or mr twisters are very deadly on small bass.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:48 PM

The best lure i would have to say would be a 4 inch senko on a 1 size hook and no weight.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:24 AM

The Strike-King Mini spinner will work great or Rapala' s floating minnows. Either one will do the job and there' s nothing stopping a big bass from grabbing ahold too.

Quick Reply: Good lure for smaller bass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.