Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Got blessed today talking to a pro..

Old 03-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got blessed today talking to a pro..

Chuck, simple way to fix your break offs problem, learn how to tie a line to line knot that works for braid and flouro. Tie about a foot long peice of flouro to the braid as a leader. The fish wont see the line by the bait, and your still have the power of braid. Also, if you get a chance try some berkley vanish in the 12 lb test, or yo-zuri hybrid, and loosen your drag up a right good bit. It sounds like you are fishing about crystal clear pits for these bass.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good info Chuck, thanks. My broth n law likes to use those, he usually likes the white ones and I think he calls those sluggos, maybe thats just a name brand?

Bobby
Old 03-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Probably..same type.I tried them..I had one big hit ..I was drifting it behind the boat..It does look good though when it swims..it looks pretty darn real..

But I will only be worming with power Pro from here out..man..I had 2 nice ones this morning..I was mostly sight fishing..I'd see an empty bed..cast on it..and then out of nowhere a bass would break out and attack it.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, simple way to fix your break offs problem, learn how to tie a line to line knot that works for braid and flouro. Tie about a foot long peice of flouro to the braid as a leader. The fish wont see the line by the bait, and your still have the power of braid. Also, if you get a chance try some berkley vanish in the 12 lb test, or yo-zuri hybrid, and loosen your drag up a right good bit. It sounds like you are fishing about crystal clear pits for these bass.

I just saw this..our pits go through cycles of gross pea green to crystal clear..They are presently crystal clear..Tying a piece of 10 pound to 20 pound braid doesn't make since to me partner..The knot would still be the weakest link so vertually it's still 10 pound test..My 1st lost fish was flat out weak line..My 2nd fish could have been my fault..I tied a double trilene know but bit the excess line off way to close to the hook..I had a funny feeling I should have retied and I'm sorry I didn't..When I checked my break it had the coils of a knot that came undone..so I will take blame for the flourocarbon..
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chuck, you fish any of the phosphate pits over there?

Bobby
Old 03-24-2009, 12:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck, you fish any of the phosphate pits over there?

Bobby

LOLThat is where I fish 95% of the time..Tenoroc and Saddle Creek are old phosphate mines..LOTS of structure..and you can always get out of the wind..
Old 03-24-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Step up in poundage or down, 10 lb braid is still tougher than mono or flouro. They sell spools of flouro just for this as well, so just get some 20 pound flouro. I didnt mean it as what you interpreted, because yes that would still virtually be 10 lb test.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

OK Brett..that makes sense..I missed a turkey this morning..I haven't been this bummed out in months..[&o][&o][&o]
Been one of those years..I need to get slapped.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont take it to hard, you did it right to get him in range. I missed mine last year too, just cut the shirt tail and go after it again
Old 03-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wouldn't worry to much about that turkey Chuck..Hunting isjust like fishing there is always one that will get away..

I am heading out after that big laker that got away from me last year shortly. Because everytime I am out there it keeps calling my name..[>:]

Quick Reply: Got blessed today talking to a pro..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.