Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

[Deleted]

Old 03-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-26-2003, 05:49 PM

Default RE: Poll Question

I think that conservation officers can be too picky by issuing summons for minute violations but there are too many people out there that need supervision and some of their actions go against what we as sportsmen believe in so I would choose #1) stop and search anytime . Crime is running rampant these days and one of the reasons is that there are too many laws protecting the criminal therefore preventing police officers from doing their job
Old 03-26-2003, 06:25 PM

slayer
Old 03-26-2003, 06:31 PM

i would say #1 i dont like any kind of officers but if you are not doing anything wrong then dont sweet it if you are doing something then stay off the roads and waters
Old 03-26-2003, 06:47 PM
Matriarch Doe!

#1. I' ve been stopped by Fish and Wildlife several times and I don' t mind them taking a look in the back of my truck, especially coming down out of the mountains at night. If you' re not doing anything wrong it shouldn' t be a problem.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Probable Cause maybe....
Old 03-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

For me it' d depend on what the person had in mind. Last year a wildlife officer came up to me while fishin. He talked to me a little bit and asked how the fishing was going and then asked if it' d be alright if he took a look at my license. Dude was super nice about it, and since I had my licensse of course I didn' t mind at all. For stuff like that you shouldn' t need probable cause. But if the dude is going to make me open my trunk and go through all my fishing gear or hunting gear then I think he should have a reason other than making sure everything is ligit. Cops can' t stop you and say, " I just wanted to make sure you have a driver' s license." They have to catch you doing something. However Ohio does allow stopping just to see if you have auto insurance. If you' re abiding by the law it shouldn' t be a problem, it only takes a few seconds. And out of all the times I' ve gone fishing since I' ve started fishing I' ve only had two maybe three wildlife officers ask for my license. So it' s not big deal to me.

Brandan
Old 03-27-2003, 06:36 AM

#2 -I dont want to be bothered while fishing. This way they have to have probable cause to stop me. If I dont do anything wrong then I should be able to keep my downriggers out all day and my trolling boards out without being interupted for petty things.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM

I' ve been stopped up here a couple of times, or should I say I was already stopped and they came over to me. They have always been decent just asked how I was doing if I had caught anything, kind of past the time. I have no problem with this. Now if they were to stop me and be rude then I' ld probably tell them to go suck canal water. They have a job to do and there are idiots on the water, I' m glad they are there to enforce no drunk driving, etc...There are ways to check people out that are fishing without being jerks.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check me anytime... I' ve never had any problems with game wardens. I' ve run into them in many states while hunting and fishing, and it has never been anything but a good experience. Personally, I know a number of people who aren' t the law abiding citizen that I am , so I say check them at anytime

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.