Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Crappie and Gill

Old 10-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Crappie and Gill

Best eating fish out there... I caught athree pound crappie once on a top water fishing a bass tournament on lake Fork in Texas... I thouht I had a good bass on! It I ate him..
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Dominant Buck

WOW!! That was a mounter for sure..
Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

A friend of mine almost broke the Texas white crappie record he caught one 4lb 6oz.Texas state record for White Crappie is 4 pounds 9 ounces, caught by G.G. Wooderson in Feburary 14th, 1968.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Matt and I got 21 crappie this morning..nothing to brag about..and 5 channel cats..we released all the fish.My outboard ran nice.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am glad to here you folks have been able to keep on fishing down there.. Also that your motor is still running great for you Chuck.. I am hoping next summer I can get out there and spend more time on the water.. I missed that this year...[:@]
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Phil,
If your ever in the area stop in man..I'm dead serious.A 10 day license is dirt cheap.I took my motor off the night before to make sure it would start..it's veryhumbing pulling on a motor rope 20 times at the dock having other fishermen looking..

So the night before I filled up my biggest cooler.., put a block under it..and on the 2nd pull...started up..The next day we took her at TEnoroc..2 cranks and we were off. th especks were small put we had some good father and son talks...Thanks for responding Phil,
C7
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sure would like to take you up on that my friend..

Right now I am trying to figure a way to buy my grams old place... It has 11 acres out in the middle of no where that is just 6 miles from me..Mostly wooded and would make a great hunting spot if I can figure how I could do it..

Also rifle season opened up here today and I had today off so I went and gave it a try. I heard one run but that is about it. I had found a nice trail today going threw a cedar swamp and is it thick in there. I will be putting my trail cam back out to see if i can find a buck using it..

Anyways good luck on your hunting and fishing, andI will see what I can do to make a trip down that way sometime.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Sounds great Phil,

I'd love to visit up there one day..It's beautiful country.

.Matt and I fished yesterday for crappie..Only 2 keepers..but I kept 5 nice eatting sized channel cats..Matt out fished me again..

Next Sat. is general gun.I got permission to take off from school so I will be scouting my butt off...
Fishing will be limited to after school ..as the weekends will be for deer hunting ..at least for now.

I know Saddle Creek has crappie..I just got to find them..

C ya brother,
C7